Rampage Products LJ Frameless Top - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rampage Products LJ Frameless Top

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #91
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

I'll be ready to buy in about 2 To 3 weeks. Selling my current top. So if you guys don't have this ready I may have to go with another company. Don't make me do that

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:23 AM   #92
MPETESS10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
I'll be ready to buy in about 2 To 3 weeks. Selling my current top. So if you guys don't have this ready I may have to go with another company. Don't make me do that
the fact that this top has been "in the works" for something like 4 years now, selling your top NOW to get one of these seems like a foolish move, then calling them out and saying DONT MAKE ME GO WITH ANOTHER COMPANY, well thats just plain ignorant. as much desire as there is for this top, they dont need your business if your that kind of customer. there are plenty of others who are patiently waiting for this top to hit the market, and the fact that there is actually pictures of its design process tells us our patience is finally coming to fruition.

relax man. wait til the top is available, then sell yours. it will be worth the wait, and you will regret getting something else.
MPETESS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #93
Lieut106
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I'm interested. The prototype looks good. Please keep us posted.
Thomas Jefferson
Lieut106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #94
longbluerubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm definitely interested. Soft top on my '05 LJ has about had it. I run a bikini about half the year, I assume this can run in something like bikini-only mode. Would want it to be made of heavy enough material so it lasts longer than one season.
1" BL, JKS adj front & rear trackbars, JKS discos
33" BFG A/T
longbluerubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #95
Dee Cue
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I luv it!!! Been shopping for a (fastback look) soft top, heard many good things about the viking top and not so good things about the trektop (bestop). I certainly hope the quality is there, if so you can count me in as well!
Unread 07-26-2010, 06:05 PM   #96
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPETESS10 View Post
the fact that this top has been "in the works" for something like 4 years now, selling your top NOW to get one of these seems like a foolish move, then calling them out and saying DONT MAKE ME GO WITH ANOTHER COMPANY, well thats just plain ignorant. as much desire as there is for this top, they dont need your business if your that kind of customer. there are plenty of others who are patiently waiting for this top to hit the market, and the fact that there is actually pictures of its design process tells us our patience is finally coming to fruition.

relax man. wait til the top is available, then sell yours. it will be worth the wait, and you will regret getting something else.
Wow. I just popped my head in to check the progress and motivate them. You should chill out bro. Odds are you aren't in sales. Good companies take all the customers they can get even if they are a-holes. I'm an a-hole with money and that makes me a good customer. So there

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #97
RampageProducts
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2012 JK Wrangler 

While I can't instantly have a top out and sitting on the shelves right now for people to purchase, I can show a new progress picture. Unfortunately I can't make the process move along any faster. We are working on it, and it will be available to purchase by whom ever would like to when we are happy with design that we have and go through with the production process.

The top in this picture is the first article sample based off the prototype that was built. There are a few things that they are working through to clean and tighten it up, so they will be doing modifications as needed, then have another sample made.

The window arrangements are still up in the air.

FYI, once we have an approved sample, the production run will take at least a month (if not two), plus the shipping time for us to have them. Bottom line, the top is at least 3 months away from being on the shelves and sell-able.
Rampage Products

www.rampageproducts.com
RampageProducts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #98
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the update , I will be ordering one once they are out .
Unread 07-28-2010, 05:23 PM   #99
skotsour
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'll take the sample! That looks pretty sweet...I know it's a production sample to get dimensions correct, but a soft sided panel truck look is kind of cool.
Unread 07-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #100
RampageProducts
Vendor

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotsour View Post
I'll take the sample! That looks pretty sweet...I know it's a production sample to get dimensions correct, but a soft sided panel truck look is kind of cool.
I thought it was sort of cool as well. Unfortunately there most likely wouldn't be enough sales to justify having a production run of them. With the length of the body on the LJ, it definitely has the panel truck look.
Rampage Products

www.rampageproducts.com
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #101
APEDZ04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

what would be nice is if the top has removable windows, and a storage pocket to put them in....
APEDZ04LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #102
Jp90Talon
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenJeeper92 View Post
what would be nice is if the top has removable windows, and a storage pocket to put them in....
I am hoping for removable windows yet still maintaining the sunrider option somehow!
Jp90Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #103
APEDZ04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

id love like a pocket that hold all the windows on my factory top, like it hangs for mthe roll bar or something
APEDZ04LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 10:04 AM   #104
RampageProducts
Vendor

2012 JK Wrangler 

The windows will definitely be removable, and there will be a storage pocket built in between the flaps of the main skin (just like in the TJ version.) Unfortunately we will not be able to keep the sunrider option of the soft top. All the factory bows will have to be moved, which will eliminate the sunrider function.
Rampage Products

www.rampageproducts.com
Unread 07-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #105
Jp90Talon
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageProducts View Post
Unfortunately we will not be able to keep the sunrider option of the soft top. All the factory bows will have to be moved, which will eliminate the sunrider function.
I understand they there will no longer be the stock frame. I was just hoping that there would be an option for ther top to secure to the center sport bar that would allow the front portion to fold back much like the oem sunrider but without a frame. IMO a frameless top that has removable windows and a front portion that can fold back would be the top of all tops.
Jp90Talon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frameless , frameless soft top , lj , lj frameless top , rampage , rampage products , soft top , unlimited

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.