Rampage Products LJ Frameless Top - Page 45 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rampage Products LJ Frameless Top

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #661
Shotgunonly26
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I like what you said about it being wear and tear. I've had mine almost a year now, and not a single major issue. Still love the top, but even in the first week or so I noticed little things and as time went on small things happened. Like you said, nothing to make the top have any failure. The top has its uses. I guess it just depends what you want in your top. It's my summer top because of the storage feature and being able to run the bikini top, and paired with Bestop's two piece soft doors that I just slide in my rear area, I can have everything with me for those longer trips and feel at ease for the weather. Going back, I would buy this top again because its what I needed. But if someone is looking for a year round top, the Trektop sounds like it would be better for that. I still couldn't be happier with my top for the nice months during the year.

Shotgunonly26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #662
keeth1123
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hello,

Just installed the top on my 05 Lj and have a few questions. Where do the two metal Rods go?

Also my windows will not seat into the tub rail. It's almost as if the windows are too long. I am aware this is likely caused by installation error but need to know how to fix the issue.

Also where the top seats into the header channel. There is a gap on the very edge on both the driver and passenger side of the vehicle. Enough of a gap to see into the vwhicle. Please see pictures

Any help.
image-2533342180.jpg

image-899515098.jpg

image-1626249741.jpg

keeth1123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #663
Shotgunonly26
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Where the windows go into the tub, push in and up on the very bottom edges with your fingers. It should shove them the rest of the way up into the tub rail. The gap up front is normal, mine has it too. No rain gets in it, and if you have the foam strips installed ( I didn't when I first installed mine because it was so tight, give it time) there will be no wind noise either. If the foam pieces aren't in, I got a lot more turbulence noise. And the metal rods are plastic if they are what I think your talking about, and they go in 4 little triangle pockets above your head, from windshield to middle rollbar, each rod end goes in a pocket. Just bend them abit and slip them in. They don't really do anything but keep water from pooling in the middle of the front section when it pours rain. Hope this helps.
Shotgunonly26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #664
keeth1123
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The front just seems a little off. The wind noise is so loud I can't hear when I get to where I'm going. Is it that loud with everyone's top? I read some people say its quieter than te one replaced
keeth1123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2014, 01:16 AM   #665
DallastheJeeper

2006 LJ Wrangler 

So after reading this thread it appears that this top is pure junk...
|____________________/||__/----|
|(@)(@)"""""""""""|(@) (@)***|(@)

#5-06 Salvage Rebuild LJ
Metalcloak Bumper, Overline fenders and Corner guards.
3.5" Sus Lift
1'' Body lift and engine lift

#4-98 TJ Sahara RIP :(
#3-42 GPW Project. Currently on hold Sand blasted the body and it was held together by screen and bondo so new Tub needed
#2-88 Comanche Currently getting a frame off rebuild and a 4bt.
#1-1994 Power Wheels Wrangler
DallastheJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2014, 01:37 AM   #666
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Have noc clue... just wanted to grab 666. enjoy the top guys!

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2014, 05:55 AM   #667
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallastheJeeper View Post
So after reading this thread it appears that this top is pure junk...
And I almost bought it.

I went with a Bestop Half Top and glad I did.
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2014, 08:49 AM   #668
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So after having the top for a few years now, it's starting to fall apart on me. One of the rear straps has broken, twice, but been repaired. And just recently, the stitching at the bottom of the rear window (where it attaches to the tailgate bar) has completely come undone. Anyone know if you can get replacement windows for the top? Searched google but couldn't find out.
Unread 04-15-2014, 09:17 AM   #669
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am so glad I didnt buy this top when it came out , its a shame as the original Viking was a well built made in the USA top .
Unread 04-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #670
RampageProducts
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mJUSTINm View Post
So after having the top for a few years now, it's starting to fall apart on me. One of the rear straps has broken, twice, but been repaired. And just recently, the stitching at the bottom of the rear window (where it attaches to the tailgate bar) has completely come undone. Anyone know if you can get replacement windows for the top? Searched google but couldn't find out.

Windows are available separately. Give me a call at (951) 277-4949.

--Jake

Rampage Products

www.rampageproducts.com
RampageProducts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2014, 04:28 PM   #671
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Had the rear strap break apart again today, for the 3rd time. Looking at other options in frameless tops now. I loved this top for the last couple years but it's going fast now..
Unread 06-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #672
Boilermoose227
1997 TJ Wrangler 

frameless

I really like this top a lot but since I've had a couple of stitching problems I've been through hell and back. Whrn it happen I emailed back and forth with Jake a few times and he said no problem my warranty will cover that since it wasn't even 2 months old yet. Now for the fun.... a week and a half went by and I havent received anything yet so I called him.. the lady that answered the phone was vary nice and apologies multiple times and foward me to Jake. He also apologies a few times and reassured me it was being sent out that day. Here I am still waiting and it has been over a week. I have had to pull my carpet out of my jeep now because of the rain getting in the hole and this weekend is 85 degrees and I cant take my top down because it wont go back on if I take it off and I cant drive with both windows down because of the wind in the jeep will cause the stitching to tare more and eventually my windows will gall out. I aldo dont have A/C in my jeep. So needless to say my family and nyself are going to hate driving in my jeep.

Does anyone know someone I can contact at rampage that will help me get this problem fixed? Im tired of having to dry water up on my floorboard after it rains. Im just waiting for the rust to start poping up now. Plus thier is nothing like having a brand new top on your jeep.with a big hole in it.
Boilermoose227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #673
stwilson74

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Try calling the reseller and demand either a refund or replacement. If you didn't put something through it and it's just the stitching falling a
apart it's obviously defective.
"Betsy" 2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara Edition #603 of 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
I like having my panties in a wad though, because when I get DW they rub me in just the right way! :D Wadded panties plus DW equals Jeepgasm! :D :kiss:
stwilson74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #674
Boilermoose227
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanks

Jake helped me out with my stitching problem on my windows and helping with one last problem.. I appreciate your help Jake thank you.
Boilermoose227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #675
GS430
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My experience with soft tops is that they rarely last too long; especially if they are left outside. I like the look of this top and would probably buy one even with the bad press. Furthermore, the guy from rampage seems to be helpful to forum members.
GS430 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
frameless , frameless soft top , lj , lj frameless top , rampage , rampage products , soft top , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.