Rampage Products LJ Frameless Top - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rampage Products LJ Frameless Top

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #646
mrwipemedown

Did you get some pics of it rolled up? Let me know, thanks!

mrwipemedown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #647
keeth1123
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Has the storage bag issue been fixed yet? as well as the sagging issue?

Any word on new versions which have been released?
keeth1123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #648
Mark_R
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Installed my sailcloth Rampage Frameless top on my LJ today.

It would appear the passenger side window is missing the velcro.

Side view of passenger side window, notice it doesn't have a strip of velcro to connect to the top flap.

Drivers side with the velcro.

Is this a "feature" or did the velcro get left off the passenger side window?

2005 Rubicon Unlimited, 3.5 RE, Currie Anti-Rock, 35" Tires on M/T Classics and many little mods.
Mark_R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #649
erikb
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've got the top. Yes it should have velcro there. That's what happens when you are forced to outsource to the chinese to be price competitive with everyone else (who also outsource). That said just contact Rampage. They were pretty quick when I needed some customer service.
erikb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #650
Mark_R
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikb View Post
I've got the top. Yes it should have velcro there. That's what happens when you are forced to outsource to the chinese to be price competitive with everyone else (who also outsource). That said just contact Rampage. They were pretty quick when I needed some customer service.
Thanks! I sent Jack a email and PM'd him here.

I do like the look! Otherwise the top fit good, there is space at the top where the front window frame and door meet, enough room to stick your finger in. Its on both sides where the top goes into the bolt on window channel (which I hate!).

2005 Rubicon Unlimited, 3.5 RE, Currie Anti-Rock, 35" Tires on M/T Classics and many little mods.
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #651
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would be interested.
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #652
PureIce
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Rampage top preblems

I bought this top about a year and a half ago, up until a week ago I loved the top. I took my windows out on a hot day and when I went to tighten the passenger side strap broke so I called Rampage about it, I was told that I would have to email Jake about it and he would probably want a picture of the damage and a copy of the invoice from when I bought it. So I shot off an email with the pictures last Friday afternoon. Friday, Sat and Sunday pass without and email but it is the weekend so no big deal. Monday passes... No email back so I call again on Tuesday. I am told that my top is under warranty still and will be replaced, the RMA dept will email me Tues. or Wed about it. Here it is Friday a a week from when the strap broke the only contact I have had with Rampage is when I call them. I can't put my windows back in because I had to zip tie my top to my roll bar to stop it from whipping in the wind. I live in Michigan and it has been raining hard off and on all week and I can't put my windows in.
Sorry I have been so long winded about this, but I figure that anyone thinking about buying this top might want to know what might happen if they have a issue with the top.
PureIce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #653
Shotgunonly26
2004 LJ Wrangler 

That definitely sounds like a problem. I haven't had and issue with mine but I've only had it for about 6months. I've heard rampage has pretty good customer service but I wonder why it's not for you. Before I bought this top I read through the entire thread and I noticed that Jake had disappeared before during a big jeep event, and he always came back and solved the problems. I know right now there is a jeep Jamboree going on in Michigan so keep in mind he may be pretty busy with all that. Sorry about your misfortune, but I would bet he'll be back sometime soon. Let us know how it goes? I'm just guessing.
Shotgunonly26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #654
Mark_R
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureIce View Post
I bought this top about a year and a half ago, up until a week ago I loved the top. I took my windows out on a hot day and when I went to tighten the passenger side strap broke so I called Rampage about it, I was told that I would have to email Jake about it and he would probably want a picture of the damage and a copy of the invoice from when I bought it. So I shot off an email with the pictures last Friday afternoon. Friday, Sat and Sunday pass without and email but it is the weekend so no big deal. Monday passes... No email back so I call again on Tuesday. I am told that my top is under warranty still and will be replaced, the RMA dept will email me Tues. or Wed about it. Here it is Friday a a week from when the strap broke the only contact I have had with Rampage is when I call them. I can't put my windows back in because I had to zip tie my top to my roll bar to stop it from whipping in the wind. I live in Michigan and it has been raining hard off and on all week and I can't put my windows in.
Sorry I have been so long winded about this, but I figure that anyone thinking about buying this top might want to know what might happen if they have a issue with the top.
I emailed and PM Jake, but never heard back from him so I called and got him on the phone. He was able to find my email and said he would send out a replacement. Still waiting for the replacement side window, figure it will be here in a couple weeks. No rush for me, I can use the window without the velcro for now.

Unread 07-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #655
Mark_R
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Replacement side window arrived today. Great service from Rampage.

Unread 08-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #656
phrankenstein
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I installed mine about 2 weeks ago and have had zero problems with it...until just now. I went out to install the windows and one of the zippers came completely off. Of course, it is raining like mad outside. Hopefully the Velcro will hold up and not let all the water in. Being that its only been a couple of weeks, my feelings toward the soft top are not looking too good. Maybe the folks at Rampage have a solution.

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT! Just had one of those Homer Simpson "efifanys" and ran outside to test a theory. There is a small slot at the very end of the side that has the zipper head on it. I slid it back on the left side and ran it all the way back up. the other side of the zipper re-inserted and it zipped right up! Good feelings toward this top are back!

Last edited by phrankenstein; 08-06-2013 at 08:11 PM..
phrankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #657
phrankenstein
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrankenstein View Post
I installed mine about 2 weeks ago and have had zero problems with it...until just now. I went out to install the windows and one of the zippers came completely off. Of course, it is raining like mad outside. Hopefully the Velcro will hold up and not let all the water in. Being that its only been a couple of weeks, my feelings toward the soft top are not looking too good. Maybe the folks at Rampage have a solution.

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT! Just had one of those Homer Simpson "efifanys" and ran outside to test a theory. There is a small slot at the very end of the side that has the zipper head on it. I slid it back on the left side and ran it all the way back up. the other side of the zipper re-inserted and it zipped right up! Good feelings toward this top are back!
Okay, I am no longer using this top! After discovering several missing teeth that would cause the passenger side of the rear window to unzip, I took it completely off. I have had to reseal the front seam 3 times and in safari mode the Velcro has eaten up the roll bar padding on each side.

*just spoke to Jake via email. I explained my frustration with the product. As soon as I get him some pics of the parts that failed, he will send out new windows.
I have say, this type of good customer service is unheard of.

Last edited by phrankenstein; 09-30-2013 at 02:45 PM..
phrankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #658
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureIce View Post
I had 3 straps break on me a couple weeks ago. I got this top when it first came out, so it's been a while. The straps on the back get brittle from the sun. Easy fix though, for now. Just had it sewn back together.
Unread 09-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #659
netgeek
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mJUSTINm View Post
I had 3 straps break on me a couple weeks ago. I got this top when it first came out, so it's been a while. The straps on the back get brittle from the sun. Easy fix though, for now. Just had it sewn back together.
Funny enough, I just had my straps break on me tonight too. Both of them, the passenger side twice.

Fortunately, I live in an area with a lot of people that do sail/boat canvas type of work, so I'll be able to get new straps sewn up. Will have to run it to a shop on Monday.

This is the third failure. I had zippers on both sides of the back loose teeth. Rampage replace the back panel and the drivers side. Then, I had the back pieces of passenger side bottom edge plastic strip rip free from the top, but I was able to get that resewn at a canvas shop.

But, when this top finally fails totally, I might be looking at a Trektop NX as a replacement.
netgeek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #660
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm in the same boat as you. I've had a few minor issues, but nothing to put the top out of commission. The plastic clip at the very back of the driver side window, the one that gets tucked up into the bed rail by the rear window/strap, broke off a couple days ago now. Doesn't harm anything, or make anything not function properly, but it happened. I've also had the zipper teeth bend out of place, but not break. I see all those as wear and tear though, not failures.

With that said, I'll probably check out the Bestop top as well next go around.

Tags
frameless , frameless soft top , lj , lj frameless top , rampage , rampage products , soft top , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.