Rampage Products LJ Frameless Top - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rampage Products LJ Frameless Top

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 10-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #181
Dan69
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Has anyone seen the new Bestop Trektop NX for the LJ? I really like the Rampage version and have been waiting a long time for it to come out, but was wondering if the new Bestop might be a true competitor.

Dan69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #182
Dan69
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinbern View Post
I really like the softtopper allows for either a bikini top/full coverage. I have not read through this entire thread so pardon me if this has already been asked but will the rampage design do this also? The other key feature in soft tops is noise. Please make it as tight and quiet as possible.

If it does have "modular" characteristics what will be the key selling point over the softopper version?
I was looking at the softtopper myself, and at the time it was one of the better tops for the LJ, but rampage products looks like they will have a better design. Softtopper doesn't use the factory door surrounds and some users had problems with a good seal. Rampage will use the factory door surrounds, allows you to store your windows in a hidden compartment on the top, you can quickly go from a full top to bikini top in only a few minutes, and don't have to take up space for your windows. Bestop has a new "Trektop NX" design that just came out that is supposed to be an improvement over the original, but I have not seen it. I never considered the original bestop because of the non-removable side windows, but the new one is supposed to have this feature and open like the sunrider top. I have not seen the new bestop, but it may be a competitor to rampage (we will see). Rampage and Bestop make quality products and in my opinion would be better than softtoppers version. Good luck!
Dan69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #183
weinbern
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Curious about the Bestop. Just from the picture on the website the "Trektop NX" looks like it has a frame...odd.

Unread 10-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #184
Jp90Talon
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ill see i I can get the Bestop contact I know from another board to give up some more details and make a dif thread so it doesnt clutter up this one.
Jp90Talon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #185
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any new info on this, or will I have to go to another company's top when the time comes?
Unread 11-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #186
RampageProducts
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2012 JK Wrangler 

Well everyone, I have some great news! The LJ tops are going into production!!!

They are expected to be on the shelves and ready to ship around the end of the year.

Currently we are only going to have a Standard Black Diamond version.

Here are some spy shots of the final sample

WOOHOO!

Rampage Products

www.rampageproducts.com
RampageProducts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #187
FXSTCHEWY

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ready and waiting......

- Wannbe Old Guy Jeep Club Member
-06' Unlimited,3" BDS/Zone,American Eagle 185's,Cooper St's 33x12.5's,Ramsey 8.5,Tomken,Jeeperman,Warrior,Tuffy, Pioneer.
FXSTCHEWY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #188
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Since it's going into production, how much am I going to need to save?
Unread 11-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #189
whooda
2005 LJ Wrangler 

can you get some pictures from farther back?
05 LJ Rubicon.35 MT/R Kevlar, rokmen full corners and sliders, mce fender flares, 4" ome lift, currie control arms, JKS discos, warn rear bumper with carrier removed, recon 10k winch, HID headlights and led tails, JK turns with inner fender lights, and more
whooda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2010, 02:13 AM   #190
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Sweet. That's what I wanted to see!

Standard black diamond, that means no sailcloth yet right?
Unread 11-05-2010, 06:08 AM   #191
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for making this . I really didnt think the Viking/Ramnpage LJ top would ever come to market . I am glad you proved me wrong . Has the msrp been established yet ? I am ready to buy one now, but as long as I have waited another 60 days wont be that bad .
Unread 11-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #192
RampageProducts
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2012 JK Wrangler 

Unfortunately Pricing has not be confirmed yet, so I am still waiting to find out what it will be.

Currently the top will only be made out of the standard 22 ounce material, which is still heavier than most of the standard tops out there anyhow.

Unfortunately these are all I have for pictures right now, I do not have access to the vehicle with the top on it and wont for a little while. As soon as I can get more shots of it, I'll be sure to post them.

Rampage Products

www.rampageproducts.com
RampageProducts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #193
stwilson74

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageProducts View Post
Currently we are only going to have a Standard Black Diamond version.
Looks cool, but sadly that kills it for me... feel free to PM me when/if you guys come out with the Khaki Diamond version.
"Betsy" 2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara Edition #603 of 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
I like having my panties in a wad though, because when I get DW they rub me in just the right way! :D Wadded panties plus DW equals Jeepgasm! :D :kiss:
stwilson74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #194
lax22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great! Will also start saving for this.
Unread 11-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #195
MCDavis
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Gotta be honest: I've already got a factory soft top, factory hard top, and a Bestop safari top. All 3 go on/off with no issues and fit perfect.

As much as I like this top, and have considered selling 2 tops to offset the cost, there's no way I'd do it until all the fitment issues are corrected. Simply not worth risking the money to me.

IMHO it should simply go on and fit the first time.

And I've gotta add: I started looking at this top when Viking was making them. I was calling them asking for an LJ top. I never heard of a fitment issue until Rampage took over. I don't mean that rudely, I'm simply being honest. I'm concerned that higher production levels are creating lower quality tops.

Yes, this is the same thing I posted in the other Rampage/Viking thread.
MCDavis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
frameless , frameless soft top , lj , lj frameless top , rampage , rampage products , soft top , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.