Rampage Products LJ Frameless Top - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rampage Products LJ Frameless Top

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 08-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #136
RampageProducts
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2012 JK Wrangler 

Not as of right now. We are waiting for new sample quarter windows to be made up so we can try again. Unfortunately they are unable to give me an ETA. I will post something as soon as I have it.

Rampage Products

www.rampageproducts.com
RampageProducts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #137
crazyak
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Ohhhhh Myyyyy Gooodddddd.......... The suspense is killing me. I'm riding around with my Ducti-Top (Duct Tape) trying to wait patiently. My wife is complaining about the excess amount sun even with the top on.
crazyak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #138
RampageProducts
Vendor

2012 JK Wrangler 

I understand completely! This is going to be an awesome piece, I hope we have it out soon but these things can only go so fast.

Rampage Products

www.rampageproducts.com
Unread 08-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #139
TurtleMacLeod
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I, for one, will be glad to be rid of the stupid sunrider feature . . . It makes the top a PITA to put up or down, and I never use it. If it's nice, the top is off. If it's really hot out, the top stays up but the doors and windows come off. If it's cold or raining, the top is on. Simple as that. I hate the sunrider.

I would also really like to thank Rampage for taking this much of an active interest in what their customers want. Really great to see this level of involvement, and definitely makes me want to buy your products, as I feel like your company truly cares about what the customer wants. Kudos to you all.

I will probably be in the market for a replacement top next year. Mine is really starting to flap and I am worried about one of the zippers. Please use high-quality zippers in your design! I would also like to retain the factory header and door surrounds, if possible.

RED JEEP CLUB #602
TurtleMacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #140
TurtleMacLeod
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Wow. I just popped my head in to check the progress and motivate them. You should chill out bro. Odds are you aren't in sales. Good companies take all the customers they can get even if they are a-holes. I'm an a-hole with money and that makes me a good customer. So there
Yeah, Mark, chill out! good thing you're not in sales, having to deal with people on a daily basis and all of the stupid things that they request! Sheesh. A-rock over there is an @$$hole with money, and that buys him the right to be an @$$hole.

RED JEEP CLUB #602
Unread 08-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #141
RampageProducts
Vendor

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMacLeod View Post
I, for one, will be glad to be rid of the stupid sunrider feature . . . It makes the top a PITA to put up or down, and I never use it. If it's nice, the top is off. If it's really hot out, the top stays up but the doors and windows come off. If it's cold or raining, the top is on. Simple as that. I hate the sunrider.

I would also really like to thank Rampage for taking this much of an active interest in what their customers want. Really great to see this level of involvement, and definitely makes me want to buy your products, as I feel like your company truly cares about what the customer wants. Kudos to you all.

I will probably be in the market for a replacement top next year. Mine is really starting to flap and I am worried about one of the zippers. Please use high-quality zippers in your design! I would also like to retain the factory header and door surrounds, if possible.
Thank you for the compliments, I will definitely pass them around the office.

I can say for sure that we will be utilizing the factory door surrounds, but the factory header will not be. Due to the design of the factory piece and it's attachment to the factory bows, it would be difficult to make the system work and stay on securely without adding bows to support it. The Frameless LJ top will definitely use an aftermarket header channel.

Rampage Products

www.rampageproducts.com
Unread 08-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #142
TurtleMacLeod
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Whatever works; I trust that you guys have weighed the pros and cons of both methods of attachment. Looking forward to seeing the finished product; I remember when these came out for the JKs, i was really excited about them, and now that I have my LJ, I am very interested, indeed!

RED JEEP CLUB #602
Unread 08-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #143
crazyak
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageProducts View Post
I understand completely! This is going to be an awesome piece, I hope we have it out soon but these things can only go so fast.
Just giving ya a hard time. I'll hold out even if it means I have to start wearing a rain coat.
crazyak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #144
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I wanna test, I wanna test, I wanna test!!!
Unread 08-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #145
DstroyrOfWrldz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMacLeod View Post
I, for one, will be glad to be rid of the stupid sunrider feature . . .
I disagree...in eastern Oklahoma, particularly from March through mid-July, the weather is highly unpredictable and changes fast. It's not uncommon to experience a day or even a few hours of nice weather punctuated by crappy weather in between. I really enjoy the flexibility of throwing back the sunrider portion in nice weather, knowing a storm is hours away without having to dedicate 10 minutes to the process of putting the whole top back up when the time comes.

Why does it make it more difficult to put your top up and down? I don't find that it contributes much, at all...my biggest time consumer when putting the top up is the windows...putting it down goes pretty fast.
Unread 08-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #146
Jp90Talon
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I dont think that it is the actual sunrider option that makes it a PITA but the fact that the actual frame only has 2 attachment points to the sport bars where the normal TJ has 2 attachments on each side. I find that due to this the frame tends to twist unless you have a person on each side. I for one love the sunrider option and wish there would be something similar for a frameless top where you could just flip or roll the front portion that sits over the front seats back and attach it to the bar which holds the sound bar so it would still be secure. Plus being a frameless top you wouldnt have to worry about the pita frame.
Jp90Talon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #147
whitecopter
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Finally

I would love to get a one when it is available. At least it gathering interest.
Unread 09-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #148
Mark_R
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Still interested. Can't wait for this to finally get to market.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited, 3.5 RE, Currie Anti-Rock, 35" Tires on M/T Classics and many little mods.
Mark_R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 01:56 AM   #149
heavypedal
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm interested!
2006 LJ Rubicon, R.E. Long Arm lift, 35 inch BFG's, ORF sliders, LED's under frame, on board Viair, Hard-rock roll-cage and rear bumper/tire swing w/ gas cans, Cobra CB, Hanson front bumper, Warn 9.5ti winch, Rock Krusher Diff guards, Dana 44's front & rear w/E lockers, Optima battery, Metal Cloak fenders, LED blinkers, B&M trans cooler, Kilby steering skid, Gen-Right hood vents, Oh and... I wave!
heavypedal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #150
madmechanic
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i can not wait!!!!! count me in!!!!
madmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
frameless , frameless soft top , lj , lj frameless top , rampage , rampage products , soft top , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.