Rampage H4 MSR headlamps? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rampage H4 MSR headlamps?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
06silverTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rampage H4 MSR headlamps?

i just bought my 06 tj sport and i've noticed the stock headlights aren't so good. i was wondering if any one had given these a shot and if they are anygood or if there is something better for the same price?

http://www.quadratec.com/cart/cart.p...0=97009+500+07

06silverTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I bought these headlamps over 5 years ago and there holding up just fine.Much brighter than the stock.
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
06silverTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ View Post
I bought these headlamps over 5 years ago and there holding up just fine.Much brighter than the stock.
sweet kinda what i was hoping to hear. thanks for the reply.
Unread 05-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #4
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I had the rampage lights for a couple months before I decided I didn't like them. They have a really weird cutoff and I didn't feel like I could ever get them adjusted right. I have a couple friends that have the e code hella lights and they are very good. A cheaper alternative would be the bosch h4 conversion lights. Basically the same as the hellas, but cheaper.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrangle...item51b82080d2
willis36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #5
06silverTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willis36 View Post
I had the rampage lights for a couple months before I decided I didn't like them. They have a really weird cutoff and I didn't feel like I could ever get them adjusted right. I have a couple friends that have the e code hella lights and they are very good. A cheaper alternative would be the bosch h4 conversion lights. Basically the same as the hellas, but cheaper.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrangle...item51b82080d2
something like these?

http://www.amazon.com/Hella-Halogen-...productDetails
Unread 05-22-2014, 10:58 PM   #6
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06silverTJ View Post
Those are very good, but the bosch lights I linked are basically the same thing for half the price. I think I read somewhere that people were liking the bosch better than the hellas. I have friends that have them both, and I cant really tell a difference. They are both excellent with a great cutoff and if you want, you can always upgrade the bulbs. If it were me, I would go with the bosch units.
willis36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 11:30 PM   #7
06silverTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for replying and giving me some information. i just bought the hella e codes so i guess ill see how they are next week.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.