Rampage H4 MSR headlamps? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rampage H4 MSR headlamps?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 05-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #1
06silverTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rampage H4 MSR headlamps?

i just bought my 06 tj sport and i've noticed the stock headlights aren't so good. i was wondering if any one had given these a shot and if they are anygood or if there is something better for the same price?

http://www.quadratec.com/cart/cart.p...0=97009+500+07

06silverTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I bought these headlamps over 5 years ago and there holding up just fine.Much brighter than the stock.
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
06silverTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ View Post
I bought these headlamps over 5 years ago and there holding up just fine.Much brighter than the stock.
sweet kinda what i was hoping to hear. thanks for the reply.
Unread 05-22-2014, 11:25 PM   #4
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I had the rampage lights for a couple months before I decided I didn't like them. They have a really weird cutoff and I didn't feel like I could ever get them adjusted right. I have a couple friends that have the e code hella lights and they are very good. A cheaper alternative would be the bosch h4 conversion lights. Basically the same as the hellas, but cheaper.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrangle...item51b82080d2
willis36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2014, 11:45 PM   #5
06silverTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willis36 View Post
I had the rampage lights for a couple months before I decided I didn't like them. They have a really weird cutoff and I didn't feel like I could ever get them adjusted right. I have a couple friends that have the e code hella lights and they are very good. A cheaper alternative would be the bosch h4 conversion lights. Basically the same as the hellas, but cheaper.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrangle...item51b82080d2
something like these?

http://www.amazon.com/Hella-Halogen-...productDetails
Unread 05-22-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06silverTJ View Post
Those are very good, but the bosch lights I linked are basically the same thing for half the price. I think I read somewhere that people were liking the bosch better than the hellas. I have friends that have them both, and I cant really tell a difference. They are both excellent with a great cutoff and if you want, you can always upgrade the bulbs. If it were me, I would go with the bosch units.
willis36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2014, 12:30 AM   #7
06silverTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for replying and giving me some information. i just bought the hella e codes so i guess ill see how they are next week.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.