Rampage frameless top help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rampage frameless top help

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 05-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Wildcat83
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Rampage frameless top help

So after running my soft top in safari mode for a few weeks, I recently decided to put the windows back on. I'm having a problem with the rear window/portion of the top. When I install the rear window and tighten the 3 top straps so that the rear window is nice and tight, the window velcro does not meet up with the velcro of the actual top. The actual top velcro is longer, so it seems like the rear window needs to be looser in order to meet up with the velcro, but if I make the window loose it flaps all over. There are 2 strips of velcro at the top of the rear window that meet up with the actual top velcro, and I can't get either of these to meet up; the actual top velcro is too long. I tried tugging on the top to get it to move down more but it doesn't make much of a difference. What am I doing wrong here??

Wildcat83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Wildcat83
2000 TJ Wrangler 

bump bump - anyone???
Wildcat83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
scoin
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Contact Jake from rampage. I had some problems with my top and he took care of anything. He's on the forum, check out the rampage bowless top thread. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ra.../index113.html
scoin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You may need to loosen the top itself and readjust it so that it sits further towards the rear of the jeep. It wouldn't suprise me that the top has "scooted" towards the motor with the windows out. Take everything loose and see if you can get it to fit better.

"When you wake someone up with one hand on their throat and a blade in their mouth they become very compliant." ~ Cause

"You can't get us all"......."That's a fact, but you're first and he's second, do you care what happens after that?" Last stand at Saber River
Neeco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.