Rain in Jeep causing electric problems. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Rain in Jeep causing electric problems.

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
sburton1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Rain in Jeep causing electric problems.

Well let my top down yesterday and the jeep got drenched, I pulled the floor plugs and went to start it and I got a engine light. I let her dry out over night and she's sputtering and running like crap. I can hear the turn signal sylinoind constantly clicking too. Any ideas do you think she will dry out and be ok or did I fry some thing?

sburton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Have you pulled the code to see what popped up? I'd do that first.

Sounds like the steering column got soaked real good. I'd check out the ignition switch as the culprit for your running issues - it may still be wet or could have been damaged.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Fresh water rarely harms low voltage electrical circuits. I'd bet a dollar everything will be fine and as before once you give it a few days to completely dry out. Mine would do the same thing when I would power wash the engine compartment but once it dried out, it was fine.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rain , tj , wrangler , electric , electrical , problem , turn signal , clicking

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.