Radio Codes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Radio Codes

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-08-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
SpitNine

Radio Codes

Do the radios in the newer TJs (mines a 2003) have a security code that has to be entered into the radio when the battery is disconnected or goes dead?
I'm talking about the stock radio.
Thanks.

Garvin Wilderness Front and Rear Bumpers
It's only a machine. You can love it if you want but it will not love you back. VOTE!
SpitNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
Deezul
2004 TJ Wrangler 

ummm.....hope not as I tore mine out for an Alpine
2004 Khaki Rubicon. Jeeperman Custom Brushguard and 54" bumper, Kilby steering skid, Skidrow radiator skid, SRC Rockcrawler rocker guards, UFW Al Engine Skid, OME Shocks, JKS Quicker Discos, AEM Dryflo intake;KC Slimlight 130W Long range lights, ORO LiteDots and LitePlate, Banks Stainless Monster cat-back, Eclipse stereo, BA Speakers, Jeeperman Handles, Cobra CB, interior leds... more to come.

**R.I.P NOW TOTALED** 98TJ Sport, 30x9.5 BFG ATKO's on AR Outlaw II's, K&N FIPK, Borla Catback,
Green jeep club member #139
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
Windsor
Mobil 1, not Mobile 1

I've had my stock RBK removed from the vehicle a couple times and have had the battery disconnected as well. Never had to enter any codes.
Skyjacker Hydro 7000 shocks and steering stabilizer
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Tuffy glove box, full console
WARN D30 skid & Nth Degree Mobility oil pan skid
WARN front and rear Rock Crawler bumpers, winch plate and grill guard
WARN 9.5ti winch w/ Optima Blue Top D34M - X-Line rope & fairlead
KC Daylighter Slimlights on windshield
IPF H4 w/ FatBoy bulbs
Windsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #4
SpitNine

Rbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor
I've had my stock RBK removed from the vehicle a couple times and have had the battery disconnected as well. Never had to enter any codes.
Thanks. Mines an RBB but I think that doesn't really make any difference.
Just wanted to be sure before I pull the plug.
Thanks.
Garvin Wilderness Front and Rear Bumpers
It's only a machine. You can love it if you want but it will not love you back. VOTE!
SpitNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #5
bubbakutz

ive disconnected the battery and then removed it and then sold it on ebay.........lol no problems for me
Rusty's 3" JKS 1.25" Body
Stock 30" GY Wrangler GSA's and rims
bubbakutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #6
hillcityTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezul
ummm.....hope not as I tore mine out for an Alpine
Did you have a factory sub? I was wondering if I would have to worry about incorporating that into a stereo harness if I swap out the stock headunit....
hillcityTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #7
twhditto
2003 TJ Wrangler 

This code deal, if it is the same as for a GM product is set by the consumer. I used the last three digits on my old GM vehicle of my phone number. You have to put in the same three numbers, or it will not work. I am sure there is a workaround for it. But this is something that is set by the consumer. If you bought it from an individual, you will have to get the code. On the GM radio, there is a red light that blinked, if I remember right. I spent 99 bucks, put in Sony Xplode (nothing fancy because it's a Jeep), complete with a front aux port, and I play my Ipod through it. No more CDs!!!
Unread 01-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #8
muddyforeman

Though GM wasnt the only oem that used code protected radios, I have never seen on in a Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, or Plymouth. Others under the DC Umbrella, ie Mercedes have been known to use code protected radios.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.