Radiator Labels - JeepForum.com
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 09-25-2017, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Freeagent27
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Niles
Posts: 379
Radiator Labels

Hey Gang, just installed a new radiator, hoses, T-stat. I am looking for new labels for the refrigerant type and belt routing diagram that went on the top of the radiator. The part #s are 55037555AC and 53031700AB. My old labels just started disintegrating when I carefully tried to remove them. I know it's really not a big deal, I just figured it'd be nice to get my mitts on them. Only place I could find them was moparoverstock.com, but they want 15.00 to ship! The darn labels aren't even 10 bucks. Jeez a stamp is only .50 cents, they can't toss them in the mail and send them 1st class? So, if anyone has a few spare radiator labels they are willing to sell, give me a war hoot. Thanks


"My thoughts on yoga pants? Depends who I'm walking behind".
Freeagent27 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 Old 09-25-2017, 06:53 PM
hokahay
Senior Member
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Pierce
Posts: 731
55037555AC
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201634475584

I think you belt routing Part # is wrong.
53031700AB

only one i could find, lol. And it's pricy like you say.
http://jeeppartsdept.com/oemparts/je...3031700AB.html

Parts are turning up more and more as discontinued
hokahay is offline  
post #3 of 26 Old 09-25-2017, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Freeagent27
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Niles
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokahay View Post
55037555AC
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201634475584

I think you belt routing Part # is wrong.
53031700AB

only one i could find, lol. And it's pricy like you say.
http://jeeppartsdept.com/oemparts/je...3031700AB.html

Parts are turning up more and more as discontinued


That's what I've been finding. No longer for sale... discontinued. Was hoping someone had a few bouncing around the garage or shed I could buy off them. I think the belt label is a good number, it just shows NLA also. It's not life or death, I just like to finish things up the way they were... small details... worth a shot... thank you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"My thoughts on yoga pants? Depends who I'm walking behind".
Freeagent27 is online now  
 
post #4 of 26 Old 09-25-2017, 08:15 PM
hokahay
Senior Member
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Pierce
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeagent27 View Post
........ It's not life or death, I just like to finish things up the way they were... small details... worth a shot... thank you
Indeed. Your timing is excellent, as I just dropped my Jeep off at the Mechanic tonight. I am having the radiator, alternator, water pump, hoses, clamps, shroud and the associated doodads replaced with new MOPAR parts. The fan is discontinued dang it.

I didn't think to worry about the labels lol. So, I ordered both. I just suck it up about the price because I also like the small details.

Funny part about this current project is that nothing wrong with the yet with the parts I am replacing.

I actually bought sets of the labels on my fenders last year so I will have them went the time comes for a paint job.

Good luck looking.
hokahay is offline  
post #5 of 26 Old 09-25-2017, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Freeagent27
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Niles
Posts: 379
I am having the radiator, alternator, water pump, hoses, clamps, shroud and the associated doodads replaced with new MOPAR parts.

When my radiator began to slowly leak a few weeks back, I was adamant about replacing it with OEM considering all the advice and write-ups on the forum pertaining to the cooling system. I spent a little more on the parts, but I am fine with that. My thermostat gasket started to leak when I was filling, but it was my fault for not being sure the body was REALLY clean when I reassembled it. Got it 2nd time around, and now after almost a week of driving, no leaks.
I was just going over everything tonight, when the label thing entered my mind. I still have my old rad in the garage and wasn't able to get them off without the print pulling from it. I can always screen shot the labels, print them, laminate them, then affix to the top if worse comes to worse

"My thoughts on yoga pants? Depends who I'm walking behind".
Freeagent27 is online now  
post #6 of 26 Old 09-25-2017, 08:54 PM
hokahay
Senior Member
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Pierce
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeagent27 View Post
I was just going over everything tonight, when the label thing entered my mind. I still have my old rad in the garage and wasn't able to get them off without the print pulling from it. I can always screen shot the labels, print them, laminate them, then affix to the top if worse comes to worse
I was thinking the same thing, if either of the ones iI just ordered fails to arrive, make some reasonable facsimiles!


In fact, if these new ones arrive I could shoot some pics of them brand new for you.

Some times as I am ordering this stuff on the internet the vendor cancels the next day when they realize it is discontinued. Time will tell.
hokahay is offline  
post #7 of 26 Old 09-26-2017, 11:17 AM
hokahay
Senior Member
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Pierce
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokahay View Post
.......
Some times as I am ordering this stuff on the internet the vendor cancels the next day when they realize it is discontinued. Time will tell.
Sure enough, the belt routing label order was canceled when they discovered it is discontinued.
hokahay is offline  
post #8 of 26 Old 09-26-2017, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Freeagent27
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Niles
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokahay View Post
Sure enough, the belt routing label order was canceled when they discovered it is discontinued.


Thanks for double checking... same thing I'm coming across too. I can always photoshop it off the internet, print and laminate if it really bothers me. After its laminated, I'm sure a little Gorilla Glue ought to hold it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"My thoughts on yoga pants? Depends who I'm walking behind".
Freeagent27 is online now  
post #9 of 26 Old 09-27-2017, 03:14 PM
hokahay
Senior Member
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Pierce
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeagent27 View Post
Thanks for double checking... same thing I'm coming across too. I can always photoshop it off the internet, print and laminate if it really bothers me. After its laminated, I'm sure a little Gorilla Glue ought to hold it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you find a really good image and have time, maybe you could post the link. I haven't found a good one yet. I am still looking tho.
hokahay is offline  
post #10 of 26 Old 09-27-2017, 03:22 PM
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler
 
Jonny Jeep's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,817
There are belt routing diagrams in the FSM why not invert the image so it's white on black like the OEM labels and use that image? That's actually what I did, but I had to use an image I found in an XJ which had the routing used in RHD TJs. I just printed it out on normal paper and stuck it on with clear duct tape.
Jonny Jeep is online now  
post #11 of 26 Old 09-27-2017, 05:22 PM
hokahay
Senior Member
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Pierce
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Jeep View Post
There are belt routing diagrams in the FSM why not invert the image so it's white on black like the OEM labels and use that image? That's actually what I did, but I had to use an image I found in an XJ which had the routing used in RHD TJs. I just printed it out on normal paper and stuck it on with clear duct tape.
Yes, mainly because I am wanting it to look like factory more than need the directions. But that is an option.

I have a new yellow and white one on the way. But this is the best belt routing image Can find so far. The FSM image looks different. Maybe the radiator already has them lol. It's a new MOPAR.( i can dream can't I?)

Sometimes my OCD gets the best of me.
Attached Images
   
hokahay is offline  
post #12 of 26 Old 09-28-2017, 03:16 PM
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler
 
Jonny Jeep's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,817
I'd forgotten the later FSM routing diagrams had a perspective view rather than the simpler diagrams in the early FSMs.
I found a bigger watermarked image and managed to turn it in to this...
Attached Images
 
Jonny Jeep is online now  
post #13 of 26 Old 09-28-2017, 03:35 PM
hokahay
Senior Member
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Pierce
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Jeep View Post
I'd forgotten the later FSM routing diagrams had a perspective view rather than the simpler diagrams in the early FSMs.
I found a bigger watermarked image and managed to turn it in to this...


Sweet! that looks great. Thanks.
hokahay is offline  
post #14 of 26 Old 09-28-2017, 05:26 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denton County, TX
Posts: 8,006
You may be able to go by a "fast signs" type of place (or a place that does custom decals) that does printing on adhesive backed vinyl.

jhanna
denton county, tx
2jhanna is offline  
post #15 of 26 Old 09-28-2017, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Freeagent27
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Niles
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Jeep View Post
I'd forgotten the later FSM routing diagrams had a perspective view rather than the simpler diagrams in the early FSMs.
I found a bigger watermarked image and managed to turn it in to this...


That's awesome... thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"My thoughts on yoga pants? Depends who I'm walking behind".
Freeagent27 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome