Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Radiator factory style hose clamp.

12K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Submarineaz 
#1 ·
Looking for a source and size for the factory constant pressure hose clamps for the upper and lower radiator hoses where they go into the radiator. My FSM parts list shows the PN as 5200 5580 for all 4 radiator hose clamps but I can't find that part number anywhere. The PO used screw type clamps and they are leaking with my new radiator. Are they 50mm?

#7 ·
Wow, they're all a different size. Way to screw that up Chrysler! Thanks for the reply!

How many of the 4 ends are leaking? Do they leak a lot?

I understand the concept and why the factory ones are considered "better". However, I have used the worm gear ones for over 30 years on a multitude of vehicles. I can't recall a radiator or heater hose ever leaking bc of the house clamp. There is obviously less chance for mistake with the constant tension ones.
The only ones leaking are the ends with screw type clamps. Which happens to be where both hoses go into the radiator. When I change my radiator out I thought the same thing about my screw type, used them on everything I've ever owned and never had an issue, but now thats the only place it's leaking. I did not change the hoses out when I change the radiator so that may be the cause. I have since bought new hoses and before I put them in wanted to eliminate all possibilities by using the factory style clamp.

#6 ·
How many of the 4 ends are leaking? Do they leak a lot?

I understand the concept and why the factory ones are considered "better". However, I have used the worm gear ones for over 30 years on a multitude of vehicles. I can't recall a radiator or heater hose ever leaking bc of the house clamp. There is obviously less chance for mistake with the constant tension ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.