Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Radiator Drain Plug

918 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  RDBills 
#1 ·
Hi I recently changed my coolant and broke the drain plug. I went to the parts store and told them what i drive and they only sold a black plastic drain plug that just pops in. My drain plug has threads. Does anybody know what one i have and need to buy?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Its normally a real large thread plastic plug. They do make replacement ones that fit. Just pull it all the way out and take to store. They will be able to compare as they are going by what you SHOULD have... But a replacement radiator can and will have what ever.. Nothing wrong with that either. There are other plugs but I just did a quick check and that one was there.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...cock/61116/4529372/2000/jeep/wrangler?q=61116

#5 ·
There is no official molar store online, just storefronts put up by the parts department of dealerships around the country. They definitely can though be a decent source as they will have random parts in their inventory. But you have to be prepared to check many of the sites. Inventory varies.

#6 ·
Just a note: it's only useful to ask for stock replacement parts on a vehicle that actually has stock parts... the radiator in the original post isn't stock, so it's to be expected the parts jockey wouldn't offer up the correct part to fix the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.