Questions about HP dana 30 & ten factory gears - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Questions about HP dana 30 & ten factory gears

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
TheSherp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Questions about HP dana 30 & ten factory gears

I just recantly bought a hp dana 30 non disco out of a 91 cherokee. I've read somewhere that you should replace the outer "C" from my stock axle onto the HP. Why is this????? From what I'm seeing the outter C's don't look any differant. I know that I'm going to use the shaftes from my axle into the hp for the bigger U joints.

Second question: I am going to regear both axles with 4:56 gears. Has anyone used ten factory ring and pinion's? I've looked at Alloy, G2 and superiour. The all seem about the same but the Ten factory is MUCH cheaper. I want a good strong gear is there anything I should know about the Ten factory before I order them?????

TheSherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Huey
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ten Factory = Motive Gears - very good. Nitro is another good brand. I am going run Motive now that Superior is gone. Shop around for them, JEGS.com has them for a decent price but hear shipping is pretty high I believe.

Good Luck!
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I like my ten factory shafts in my hp30 but I opted for g2 gears when I had a choice among all the manufacturers.
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
TheSherp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I found on Quadratech the ten factory front and rear gears (rev dana 30 and dana 44 ) and a set of master rebuild kit for both front and rear for $585 shipped. Thats the cheapest I've found anywhere so far.

Any info on changing the outer C's????????
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure where you read the C's thing? I kept mine the same, just replaced balljoints.

Regeared mine with Ten Factory gears, working good so far. PM Quadratec on here to get the best price. I got my 4.88 gears and install kits for $490 shipped.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
TheSherp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

May be a dumb question but where do I find the QT vender to PM them. If I could get them that cheap I could order more parts.
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
rchase559
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Some older HP30s had a bolt on caliper brackets. Most people prefer the newer single piece knuckles which is why they swap them. I'm sure they're is some more information on this on here. Do some searching
rchase559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Look up in the vendor section. Or search them. Their username is Quadratec.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #9
mchadpayne
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ball joints go in the inner c and attach the axle to the outer c. All they are saying is bust the ball joints loose and install the knuckles from your factory axle to your hp 30. Since your changing the axles that will be easy. It's to allow for the bigger u joints and run your original calipers and hubs.
mchadpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #10
DivineKaos
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey View Post
I am going run Motive now that Superior is gone.
Superior is gone?

**Sorry for the hijack.
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #11
rchase559
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineKaos

Superior is gone?

**Sorry for the hijack.
Apparently so. Search. There's a few threads on it.
rchase559 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.