Question on Rubicon rims and moab accesories rims - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Question on Rubicon rims and moab accesories rims

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-12-2004, 06:23 PM   #1
Krazy302
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Question on Rubicon rims and moab accesories rims

I just ordered a set of moab 16x8 rims front my local jeep dealer..according to the book moab rims are what come on the rubi's, but when i called the dealer they said that rubicons have different part #'s for there rims than the moab's do...anyone know if they are the same???????

Krazy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2004, 07:57 PM   #2
Krazy302
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy302
I just ordered a set of moab 16x8 rims front my local jeep dealer..according to the book moab rims are what come on the rubi's, but when i called the dealer they said that rubicons have different part #'s for there rims than the moab's do...anyone know if they are the same???????
.................................................. ......
Krazy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2004, 11:08 PM   #3
cyberposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy302
.................................................. ......

.................................................. .................................................. ...................................
cyberposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2004, 11:48 PM   #4
SHNIPE

as far as everything ive heard theres only one set of Moabs... but i dont claim to know everything

[SIZE=3][B]Black Jeep Club V.2 #78 or #98 or #108 a hell its too screwed up to know for sure so im takin #111 damnit![/B][/SIZE]
SHNIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2004, 10:47 AM   #5
seanbsahara

Maybe it has something to do with the earlier moabs and the current ones having different finishes and therefore might have different id or part #'s.
Unread 11-13-2004, 12:20 PM   #6
tiger-bailey
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Don't buy these wheels from the dealer. Go to Ebay Motors and search for "Rubicon wheels" if you really want them. You'll save big coin.
tiger-bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2004, 06:48 PM   #7
Grimmjpr

03 Moabs have a different finish then the 04 model Moabs. the 03 was a more rough finish and the 04's are a smooth finish.....don't know if there are any other differences.
Grimmjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2004, 06:59 PM   #8
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger-bailey
Don't buy these wheels from the dealer. Go to Ebay Motors and search for "Rubicon wheels" if you really want them. You'll save big coin.

A LOT of Rubi owners have changed their rims for something else.... DO THIS.

While you're there, look how cheap H2 rims are! Like $50 a rim or less. Rediculous...
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2004, 09:31 PM   #9
SHNIPE

Heres a set for $900, thats pretty good i guess, ive seen some for $1500+

[SIZE=3][B]Black Jeep Club V.2 #78 or #98 or #108 a hell its too screwed up to know for sure so im takin #111 damnit![/B][/SIZE]
SHNIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2004, 09:33 PM   #10
Jeep Cherokee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

for -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=s and giggles I went to a jeep dealer a while ago to see how much they wanted... they couldnt even find the part #... try looking on these forums.. I got all 5 rubi wheels/tires with 3k on em for $792 shipped to my door from a jeep forum member.
Jeep Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.