Question about lifts - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 09-17-2011, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Wrangler413
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Westfield
Posts: 66
Question about lifts

I'm upgrading from a 2.5 inch RC lift and i am thinking about buying a 4 inch lift around $700-$1000. What are some good brands for that amount of money and what are some pros and cons about them...thank you!

Wrangler413 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 Old 09-17-2011, 06:51 PM
tpeters1
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Naperville
Posts: 84
Why are you upgrading?
Bigger Tires?
Not happy with RC??
tpeters1 is offline  
post #3 of 19 Old 09-17-2011, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Wrangler413
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Westfield
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeters1 View Post
Why are you upgrading?
Bigger Tires?
Not happy with RC??
i just bought 33s and i want the upgrade the lift to be bigger, i want to take the 2.5 inch lift and put on a 4 inch lift. Im keeping the 33s but getting a 4 inch lift
Wrangler413 is offline  
post #4 of 19 Old 09-17-2011, 08:49 PM
TheDirtyGeneral
Registered User
2009  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USF. Tampa
Posts: 2,800
under a grand for 4" is a no go, at least the way I would do it. (Currie 4" with antirock sye and cv shaft)... Maybe consider adding a 1.25" BL

Chris. I miss driving my Jeep. Can't wait to get into another one.
TheDirtyGeneral is offline  
post #5 of 19 Old 09-17-2011, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Wrangler413
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Westfield
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyGeneral View Post
under a grand for 4" is a no go, at least the way I would do it. (Currie 4" with antirock sye and cv shaft)... Maybe consider adding a 1.25" BL
im 17 i dont really have 2,000 to spend on a 4 inch lift lol im looking for like a skyjacker or something like that. If anyone knows a good lift for that much
Wrangler413 is offline  
post #6 of 19 Old 09-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler413 View Post
im 17 i dont really have 2,000 to spend on a 4 inch lift lol im looking for like a skyjacker or something like that. If anyone knows a good lift for that much
Like the General said, there can be a lot more involved with a 4" lift than what you currently have, so finding a lift in your price range may just be the tip of the ice berg.
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #7 of 19 Old 09-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 24,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler413 View Post
im 17 i dont really have 2,000 to spend on a 4 inch lift lol im looking for like a skyjacker or something like that. If anyone knows a good lift for that much
then keep the jeep the way it is. if get cheap stuff you'll be chasing issues and trying to fix crap for a long time. save your money, do more research and be patient.
Unlimited04 is offline  
post #8 of 19 Old 09-17-2011, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Wrangler413
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Westfield
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
then keep the jeep the way it is. if get cheap stuff you'll be chasing issues and trying to fix crap for a long time. save your money, do more research and be patient.
sounds good thank you for the help. Ill save some more money..does that lift come with the driveshaft and slip yoke? or just the lift?
Wrangler413 is offline  
post #9 of 19 Old 09-17-2011, 09:19 PM
TheDirtyGeneral
Registered User
2009  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USF. Tampa
Posts: 2,800
Just the lift the sye cv shaft is going to be another $500 ish

Chris. I miss driving my Jeep. Can't wait to get into another one.
TheDirtyGeneral is offline  
post #10 of 19 Old 09-17-2011, 09:23 PM
TheDirtyGeneral
Registered User
2009  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USF. Tampa
Posts: 2,800
ANd man, you have to trust me. I'm 20 and a college student. AKA BROKE AS BROKE EVER WAS $500 bucks in the bank and I'm not eating ramen noodles for the first time in weeks lol. You just have to hold out for a while till you have the cash... try not to look at the magazines

Chris. I miss driving my Jeep. Can't wait to get into another one.
TheDirtyGeneral is offline  
post #11 of 19 Old 09-17-2011, 11:41 PM
2ACR
That's Right I Support
 
2ACR's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyGeneral View Post
ANd man, you have to trust me. I'm 20 and a college student. AKA BROKE AS BROKE EVER WAS $500 bucks in the bank and I'm not eating ramen noodles for the first time in weeks lol. You just have to hold out for a while till you have the cash... try not to look at the magazines
Stop buying the magazines and save that money for your lift. It is really easy to save money if you don't buy things you don't really need. Of course you have to make some money to save money. I helped a guy save 2 grand a year just by changing how much he spent on lunch each day at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr03 View Post
And when you can't find the wrench your holding in your hand, it's time for a break:rofl:
Jeep Jedi in Training.
2ACR is offline  
post #12 of 19 Old 09-18-2011, 06:41 AM
rda616
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Allegan
Posts: 3,430
What are your plans for the jeep. Why a 4" lift? Skyjacker makes great truck lifts, but not so good with jeep lifts. Why not
Piece together a lift with the best parts for your needs. Don't skimp on quality or you will be replacing things later. For now why not do a 1.25" body lift and regear for those 33's. This will save you gas money so you can save faster for more lift parts.
rda616 is offline  
post #13 of 19 Old 09-18-2011, 06:51 AM
TheDirtyGeneral
Registered User
2009  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USF. Tampa
Posts: 2,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
Stop buying the magazines and save that money for your lift. It is really easy to save money if you don't buy things you don't really need. Of course you have to make some money to save money. I helped a guy save 2 grand a year just by changing how much he spent on lunch each day at work.
those magazines are free, I dont buy things I really don't need. Except for Jeep parts

Chris. I miss driving my Jeep. Can't wait to get into another one.
TheDirtyGeneral is offline  
post #14 of 19 Old 09-18-2011, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Wrangler413
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Westfield
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
What are your plans for the jeep. Why a 4" lift? Skyjacker makes great truck lifts, but not so good with jeep lifts. Why not
Piece together a lift with the best parts for your needs. Don't skimp on quality or you will be replacing things later. For now why not do a 1.25" body lift and regear for those 33's. This will save you gas money so you can save faster for more lift parts.
re gear is too much i want to spend right now, because you buy the gears thats one thing then you have to spend 300 dollars each diff to get them put on so i do wish i could do that but its not affordable right now
Wrangler413 is offline  
post #15 of 19 Old 09-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 20,288
You do realize bigger isn't better, right? You don't need more for 33's. 33's are small and don't require much room. TJ wheel wells are big.

OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Question on Lifts KevinR TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 3 10-15-2008 06:28 AM
question on TJ lifts jersey_jim TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 11 11-29-2007 02:10 PM
a question on lifts. jersey_jim TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 09-24-2007 10:14 PM
Question about lifts Grant211 JK Wrangler Technical Forum 7 08-09-2007 06:59 PM
Question about lifts.. bbentley40 YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 2 08-15-2003 09:10 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome