Pushing rear axle back vs trackbar clearance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Pushing rear axle back vs trackbar clearance

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 10-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #1
glook
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Pushing rear axle back vs trackbar clearance

I've got a 3.5 inch lift with a UCF ultra high skid with a rear pinion set to about 19 degrees.

I'm running an "old style" rear Currie trackbar (single JJ) with a "new style" angled trackbar bracket. After pinion angle adjustments I had to shorten both lowers and uppers so that the trackbar would clear the lower part of the frame crossmember (where the gas tank skid bolts to).

I just relocated my upper rear spring perches and want to push the rear axle back. The question is - will the "new style" rear Currie track bar with double JJ allow me to push it back about 1/2" - 1" or so?

I'm also concerned with exhaust clearance - with my current setup the track bar touches the exhaust at full droop. Will the "new style" Currie bar still clear the exhaust?

Unread 10-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
glook
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Checked tire against tub at full bump today. Tire and tub are only 3/8" apart (tire is close to the front side of the wheel arch), so I definitely need to move the rear axle...
Unread 10-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
glook
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Bump. Any opinions?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.