Pushing rear axle back vs trackbar clearance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Pushing rear axle back vs trackbar clearance

VANCO DUAL MODE KNUCKLE 15" and 16" Big Brake kiLabor Day Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 10-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #1
glook
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Pushing rear axle back vs trackbar clearance

I've got a 3.5 inch lift with a UCF ultra high skid with a rear pinion set to about 19 degrees.

I'm running an "old style" rear Currie trackbar (single JJ) with a "new style" angled trackbar bracket. After pinion angle adjustments I had to shorten both lowers and uppers so that the trackbar would clear the lower part of the frame crossmember (where the gas tank skid bolts to).

I just relocated my upper rear spring perches and want to push the rear axle back. The question is - will the "new style" rear Currie track bar with double JJ allow me to push it back about 1/2" - 1" or so?

I'm also concerned with exhaust clearance - with my current setup the track bar touches the exhaust at full droop. Will the "new style" Currie bar still clear the exhaust?

Unread 10-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
glook
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Checked tire against tub at full bump today. Tire and tub are only 3/8" apart (tire is close to the front side of the wheel arch), so I definitely need to move the rear axle...
Unread 10-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
glook
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Bump. Any opinions?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.