Pure Jeep TJ Stretch Gas Tank install - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 49 Old 05-13-2013, 10:30 AM
2000 TJ Wrangler 
Originally Posted by TURBevO8 View Post
Bump for more up to date info and opinions!
Spend the extra $, and buy one from Genright. My buddy ran run for years with zero issues. It doesn't seem like anyone on this thread is completely happy with their PureJeep tank.

Sponsored Links
post #47 of 49 Old 05-13-2013, 11:21 AM
2006 TJ Wrangler 
Originally Posted by mg2380 View Post
Spend the extra $, and buy one from Genright. My buddy ran run for years with zero issues. It doesn't seem like anyone on this thread is completely happy with their PureJeep tank.
Leaning that way. Just wanted to do a little homework before making a final decision.

2006 Impact Orange TJ X
2004 Apex Silver EVO VIII GSR
post #48 of 49 Old 06-11-2013, 02:49 PM
2005 TJ Wrangler 
I ordered a PureJeep tank for my TJ 9 weeks ago on April 4 and still have not received it. They keep pushing out the shipping date. I am completely pissed off.

I could have walked to south america, mined the damn aluminum myself, carried it on my shoulder walking back to america, smelted it, and put a tank together in that amount of time.

Now I read this and realize that if by some miracle I actually get my tank, it won't work properly when I put it in?

Worst company ever.

If you are reading this and are on the fence between tanks, save yourself a lot of frustration and buy a genright tank.
post #49 of 49 Old 09-21-2016, 02:23 PM
2004 TJ Wrangler 
i know i'm bringing up an old thread, but i recently purchased the PJ gas tank to go with my 5" stretch rear fenders and full tractioin 5" stretch kit.. since they're the same company, i decided to buy everything from them.. so far, i've been pleased with everything.. i cut my rear cross member off, and i am building a new rear bumper that i am welding to my frame.. i also welded angle to the inside of the 2x4 sq. tubing so i have a place to bolt the gas tank to.. anyways, steve at PJ/Full Traction is who talked me into their tank instead of the genright tank.. i am hoping to have the rear done by the end of this week.. after reading this thread, i may end up wishing i went with genright.. although, my 04 TJ fuel pump fit perfect, my buddy is getting ready to stretch his 99 TJ and did have to do something when he put his new pump/filter in his PJ tank.. weird.. but his went in without an issue.. he is almost done building his 1 tons and will install them soon.. i sold my dana 44 axles a few months back, so i've been working on my 1 ton swap.. i'll try to update my install when i get it done..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.