PSC Tube fender install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > PSC Tube fender install

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-23-2005, 05:09 PM   #1
biffstephens

PSC Tube fender install

I guess I should provide some sort of a write up for these.....I am not good at the step by step things. PSC has instructions for the install and they are pretty step by step....I can and will say that I had no fitment issues of the fenders. Was the install a complete bolt on? No, nor is it sold to be.

I paid 425 for the set....unpainted, and they came with a template to cut your fender as well as a two pages worth of instruction. They are the Poision Spyder Customs Tube Fenders with the flare.

It is a simple concept but in practice it is a little more difficult to implament. They fit pretty good for something welded in another State and shipped UPS in my opinion....Have a few hands around to help massage them in place.....

As you can see they are very strong and I do believe them to be an upgrade to the origional Jeep fenders. If I were to be able to go back and do it again I would do it no questions asked. I might ear mark a little more time to install them but that is about it.

I am very happy with them so far. I need to get them painted of course and I also need to install some flashers but I will leave that for next week.

Biff

68rf28.jpg   68rfk1.jpg   68vjub.jpg   68vjvs.jpg   68vjnr.jpg  

Visit Offroadoverstock.com [/URL]

Biff
biffstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 05:14 PM   #2
MMagnumPI9

They look good, definatly an upgrade. I have done a fair amount of damage to my fenders and will be doing this soon myself. I am going to be making my own set very similar to that design.
MMagnumPI9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 05:20 PM   #3
biffstephens

I am sorry I do not......a friend has the pictures I will look through his but I am pretty sure that he does not either.....

Sorry again,

Biff

PS Thanks!

Biff
Unread 06-23-2005, 05:36 PM   #4
red99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

so no problems with them fitting?, ive heard lots of stories of them not fitting correctly...but then again those were just stories
Unread 06-23-2005, 05:38 PM   #5
got4-Lo

what are u gonna do about turn signals?

[URL]webwheeling.com[/URL]
got4-Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 05:47 PM   #6
biffstephens

As far as fitting.....they fit.....I had to cut and grind and bend some thing (I have to grind about an inch off of the Battery tray to get the inside tube to fit.

So were they grossly out of wack? No...as you can see I think they fit pretty good. I think there were some problems....I can understand that. At least in my case they fit fine....

In fact I have a few welder friends look at them and they were all very impressed at what the welds and tubing looked like. It is a very nice product....

Again....it is not a bolt on type of Mod.....it was not easy but it was worth it in my opinion....

Biff

Biff
Unread 06-23-2005, 05:53 PM   #7
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

did you have to wait very long to get them?
after my accident in January i wanted to get those but they were on backorder until April they said. i obviously couldn't wait that long cause i needed a new front end. those look awesome though.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2005, 05:57 PM   #8
biffstephens

I did have to wait a while for them...in fact I have 2 PSC things and I had to wait a while for both of them....

Biff

Biff
Unread 06-24-2005, 08:13 PM   #9
Testykalz
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You finally got em! They look sweet. Where are you gonna put your turn signals at? I wanna flat fender too, but I am afraid if I dont put a tube fender on it'll look like crap. lol I don't care to have to take the grill out and put some there even though it is a good spot.

Anyways, I finally made it up there and got Tolly to regear the jeep. His RTI ramp had some sharp metal sticking up and gashed my sidewall pretty good when I was backing out of his garage. So those 35's will be coming sooner!

Curious, what else did you order from PSC?? lol
Testykalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #10
biffstephens

I have the PSC trail cage as well....very happy with it to....

All in all they make good products. I would not worry one bit buying from them again.....

Biff

Biff
Unread 06-25-2005, 11:22 PM   #11
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by red99tj
so no problems with them fitting?, ive heard lots of stories of them not fitting correctly...but then again those were just stories

Well, how about something other than stories? I have a set, and two friends have sets of them and none of the three fit worth a crap. Hopefully they are no longer using a jeep that has been jumped off a dune and bent frame up in the front to mock them up on. All of ours when bolted up to the firewall were minimum 3" too high on the grill bolts. When I ratchet strapped mine down to get the bolts in and released the straps, it pulled the grill up against the front rubber mount so tightly that the fan rubbed on the shroud.
mrblaine is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2005, 02:50 AM   #12
jeep jake

do you have more clearence up in front
jeep jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2005, 09:35 AM   #13
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep jake
do you have more clearence up in front
If you mean clearance for the tires to stuff, No, they actually limit uptravel. I lost about an inch or so.
mrblaine is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2005, 09:44 AM   #14
StealthTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Well, how about something other than stories? I have a set, and two friends have sets of them and none of the three fit worth a crap. Hopefully they are no longer using a jeep that has been jumped off a dune and bent frame up in the front to mock them up on. All of ours when bolted up to the firewall were minimum 3" too high on the grill bolts. When I ratchet strapped mine down to get the bolts in and released the straps, it pulled the grill up against the front rubber mount so tightly that the fan rubbed on the shroud.
I've installed one set (mine) and helped install another set and both fit (on didn't fit) as Blaine described. Crappy....

Fred
[b]Misc[/b] - Tera 2wd lo.
[b]Tires[/b] - 35x12.50 MT/R's siped on 15x7 Champion Beadlocks.
[b]Recovery[/b] - Warn XD9000i
StealthTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2005, 11:11 AM   #15
biffstephens

I didn't have clearance problems before the install and don't now. I didn't have any fitting problems with mine and I have a friend the has some as well and there were no fitting issues with his either.....

I don't think it really adds more room for you tires, I took some measurements before and after so I feel pretty good about this statement. What it does do is it puts a fender there that your tire can hit and not bend. The stock fenders as you know will bend and flex if you dont have clearance........the correct answer would to get enough clearance....not go buy tube fenders....

I like mine.....I would still do it again....

Sorry to the others that had problems.....

Biff

Biff

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.