PSC (Poison Spyder Custom) flat fender install review... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > PSC (Poison Spyder Custom) flat fender install review...

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 07-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
StupendousMan

1997 TJ Wrangler 

PSC (Poison Spyder Custom) flat fender install review...

1997 TJ 4.0

1 out of 10

Durability: 9
Instructions: 7 (could use more pictures/better quality)
Ease of Installation: 7 (about 3-4 hours, taking breaks from the heat)
Fitment: 5
Looks: 9
Customer service: 9

Would I buy them again: At the price, no, I would look else where

I just bought and install the standard PSC flat fenders and thought I would share my experiences with it. After getting the fenders, I had the instructions and must have read them 20 times. More pictures would have helped so I can see how the fender (how it connects to the firewall) was cut and how it should look. I wasn't 100% sure on the cutting so I had to call and right away the person who helped my did a fairly good job, very nice over the phone and did they best that the could. So, after looking for pictures, and seeing how some did it, I went at it. I printed out the template and taped it all up and stuck it down on the fender. Traced out the lines and cut out the fender with a 4 1/2" cutting wheel. ONE thing to remember if you are going to buy them, cut the pattern 1/4 longer on top. Trust me it will help things make sure everything is covered once the fender goes on. After all the cutting was done I unscrewed the fenders off (it was to unscrew first but I found that it helps keep the fender rigid so it is easier to cut) Then I got my first fender and stated to bolt it on. It didn't go on that easy, I had to push bang and hit the thing to line up. On the passenger side I had to use a jack to level the fender with the body. After the rear (near the firewall 4 bolts) and the 4 bolts in the fender well was on loosely I was going to bolt the front up to the grill and like others have said WOW it was WAYYYY off like 3 inches, so I grabbed the old strap and pulled to close enough to get the bolts in. Again the passenger side was much more off then the drivers side. So over all the fenders look great but for the price I wouldn't buy them again, I would look at others. (pics coming soon) Also, and maybe it is just me, but I thought the fenders would give much more clearance but I was surprised that it didn't seem like much (if any) was given. Didn't take any measurements just eyeballing it (so take it with a grain of salt)

A few things I noticed, the 4 bolts on the firewall are a PIA to bolt up, even more so on the passenger side. You must cut part of the battery box way and remove the battery to install the bolts.

PSC is a great company and make quality stuff, I was just disappointed with the fitment of the fenders.

StupendousMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
26679cj5
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I own a few things from PSC ,but when it comes to tube fenders, I'll go elsewhere. The design is just outdated and they are too expensive for what you get. There are other hack job tube fenders out there for half the price.
26679cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
csm41
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26679cj5 View Post
I own a few things from PSC ,but when it comes to tube fenders, I'll go elsewhere. The design is just outdated and they are too expensive for what you get. There are other hack job tube fenders out there for half the price.
Like these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
csm41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
Whobeme
2010 JK Wrangler 

I've got there fenders and will say they are pricey, but they are high quality. As far as comparing them to the $200 Ebay cheapies, I won't even go there, because in my opinion there isn't much to compare beyond they are both fenders.
Whobeme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.