Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Pros Vs. Cons of RE and Nth

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  JeepRocks86 
#1 ·
So I was planning to go to Tellico, NC next week. My rear suspension has been bad for a while. I was more or less in denial of the whole thing. A buddy of mine who is a co-owner of a local shop took a look at it and confirmed my denials. getting a lot of play out of my heim joints on my skycrapper suspension. Here's the thing... I can probably get a used RE 5.5 complete kit for under 1700 probably way under depending how much I can talk his partner out of or I could possibly get a relatively good deal on an Nth kit and purchase it in pieces. I would go with their rear arms and skid for starters and then upgrade from there.

What do you all think. Yeah money is the answer which is why it would be bought in pieces as it came into hand.

I want honest answers from people who have wheeled these kits.

I thought about building a kit, but It just isn't going to work right now because I was planning on building it in march and well, the jeep is the DD.

edit... after looking at the Nth prices OMG, probably RE or maybe CLayton

#2 ·
i would like some real world responses on this as well. Def like the long torque arm of the nth kit versus the shorter upper arms on the RE kit. I'm still trying to decide what brand lift to get,I want the lift and tires here so it can go on as soon as I find a tj for the right price

#3 ·
Nth degree

I recently had a 6 inch Nth installed in my 05 Rubi. Its awsome. Handles better on the road than stock! The articulation off road is incredible and super smooth. My wife has a bad back and finds medium speed wheeling comfortable with this lift. I think the boys at Nth have produced the superior product. It costs abit more but you get alot more.:thumbsup:

#6 · (Edited)
Grewe02 said:
So it's the RE for you then? I think when all's said and done I won't be happy until I have the Nth 6" with 5" WB stretch
Word to that bro,just seems like the most well thought-out kit. Torque-arms work great-period,great skid plate,excellent geometry. Not that other kits aren't great,but the nth kit,even tho out of the box(idea and design ways),does seem like a great kit. Speaking from 10 years of sprint car driving and 6 camaro's(torque arm),and 2 jeep builds,those guys seem to know their suspension design and geometry. I would like to know how their equipment lasts out on the trails/roads

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.