Project sloooowwww build!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Project sloooowwww build!!!!!

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
Tikitgvr

Project sloooowwww build!!!!!

Well here is my new project.
97 TJ :smt025 , Interior is in excellent condition.

Plans are as follows:
Chevy 6.0 SFI
GM 4L80E
Atlas 4.0
Dana 60 front w/ 5.38 and Detroit
GM 14b Rear w/ 5.38 and Detroit
4-link front and rear
Coilovers
108" wheel base (or as close as I can)
Hydro assist Steering
Comp cut rear and High line custom front fenders
Custom Cage
Custom center console with heater ducting to the rear.
Seats (undetermined) w/ 4 point harness
Autometer guages

Depending on funding or how bored I get with the build, it may get an underdrive of some sort.

Here is my new bling....2004 6.0, with a 4L80E

I also was just suprised by the wife the other day, she is allowing me to expand my shop another 37'x27' and install my lift. I had all the trees cut out yesterday and this week I will go get the lift from over there and get my slab poored...then I will start the slow build as money comes in...

Last edited by Tikitgvr; 10-06-2008 at 05:35 PM..
Tikitgvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nice ! It's going to be a fun project! Good luck! What type of lift are you going with?Fill out your profile and keep us updated!
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
UTWeezul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like it will be a good project and a good Jeep to start with as well
HP30 and 8.8 w/ lockers
UTWeezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
Tikitgvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTWeezul View Post
Looks like it will be a good project and a good Jeep to start with as well
LOL...by far not my first one...I built a 99 in 2006..I took out a 4cyl and put in a 6cyl...4 linked it, then I added a ford dana 44 front with a lockrite, a ford 9" with a detroit, and put in a NV3550 out of an 01, the flipped a D300 and installed it...promptly sold it 4 weeks after the build lol.....made the wife really mad....

I just sold my 81 Cj, it had a 454, TH400 from TCI, Atlas, and a klune sitting on 42's...

So now I build this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ View Post
Nice ! It's going to be a fun project! Good luck! What type of lift are you going with?Fill out your profile and keep us updated!
Its going to be custom 4 link on coilovers....
Unread 10-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #5
Tikitgvr

Woot....just ordered this....

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/At...tppro-pv10.htm
Unread 10-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #6
Zombi
1999 TJ Wrangler 

How about ordering me one of those while you're at it!
Good luck with the build, take lots of pics!
Zombi's are in fact very unpleasant to be around, they smell, and bite--also, they eat babies.
Zombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
Zew

1998 TJ Wrangler 

What vehicle is that 6.0 out of, and what happened to that sahara? Was it stolen/stripped?
Zew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #8
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i will definitely watch this closely good luck, what are your plans for up travel down travel numbers, what size coil overs? what about tires? is it going to be a daily driver?
2001 Jeep TJ, 1in JKS Body Lift, 35x12.50x15in Goodyear Mtr's and a RE 4.5 SF with AA sye, tom woods custom cv drive shaft, tnt tube fenders w/3in flares and flush mounted led turn signals, 1in mml, cobra cb and firestik, custom rock sliders, herced, trail scars

Looking for 4.88s (R&P) for a d44/d30 PM me
TJSport01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
Tikitgvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zew View Post
What vehicle is that 6.0 out of, and what happened to that sahara? Was it stolen/stripped?
6.0 is out of a 2004 chevy 2500. The TJ was in a garage during a hurricane here and it belonged to a doctor....it got salt water in the motor and the motor rusted so he gave the jeep to us...the tranny was pulled in 06 when I built my other TJ..rearend was sold.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdude2890 View Post
i will definitely watch this closely good luck, what are your plans for up travel down travel numbers, what size coil overs? what about tires? is it going to be a daily driver?
travel I havent reall thought about yet, thats really going to be the last thing I worry about. As for coilovers, I was thinking about 14" with 42" tires. As for a DD, I am shooting for this to be a dual purpose. My dream and purpose for this build is so I can do Petersons Ultimate Adventure...I am shooting for the 2010 UA...But it really depends on funding...it may be 2011...

Last edited by Tikitgvr; 10-09-2008 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: spelling
Unread 10-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #10
Tikitgvr

Well, just odered my 5.38 gears for both axles, along with the install kits, and detroit lockers. I also ordered my body lift (required for the huge motor), Advanced Adapters motor mounts, Advanced Adapters TJ V8 Radiator(that ***** is expensive), and Advnace Adapters 4L80E to Atlas adapters. Hopefully tommorrow or monday I will be ordering my Atlas II 3.8 Tcase. I will add pics when it all arrives........So the build begins!!!!!!

On a side note: I just found out that it is possible to retain the stock guage cluster and use the stock guages except for the tac, but I can send the cluster to a company called Redline Guages and they will redo the guts of the tac and send it back so that I can use it also....
Unread 10-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #11
Squeeky
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That's gonna be sweet!!!

My auto racing team (neat website lots of pictures)

Stu-offroad, A wealth of information on TJ's!

4x4xplor

Motor Oil Myths and Facts (Not sponsored by Amsoil)
Squeeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #12
tjscoot00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

you are my best friend! buy me an atlas II please
Unread 10-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #13
Tikitgvr

Well, I got it put into the shop today:

The tear down will start tommorrow morning after I order my Atlas. I am going to try and get as much done of the teardown as I can. I am off until Monday, so if I get my other stuff in this week, I may get the motor and tranny in it this week also, then I can start on getting it running and then go from there...
Unread 10-20-2008, 04:26 PM   #14
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man I would kill for a shop like that, 25 years working on trucks and I still gotta do it in the outdoors. Good luck with the build.
Zennashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #15
Tikitgvr

Well, I got a little more done yesterday.

Didnt work on it at all today, left around lunch to go and pick up some new toys I found.....

Millermatic 200, with full bottle of gas, guage, welding helmet, 2 pairs of gloves, 2 40lb spools of wire, and a bunch of extra stuff...$750. Its 20 years old, but is in friggin mint condition and welds perfectly...

Also picked up this Drill Press from the same guy. Its old, but has a brand new 3/4hp motor on it and is 1/2" chuck size. Has a swivel table that also will change angles...The table will also drop to the ground if needed...$100

Will get back to work on the Jeep tommorrow...hopefully will get the rest of the tear down complete, and maybe the body lift on it....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.