Project rolling deathmobile - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Project rolling deathmobile

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
viper719
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Project rolling deathmobile

Well gents,
This is the beginning of the rolling deathmobile buildup.
To start this buildup, Im using my 1993 YJ Sahara. It definatly needs some work done. Currently its got a 3inch body lift, and a 2 inch shackle lift from the PO. The guy tried to work on it some, bored over TB, a hesco TB spacer, KN Gen II CAI, and some other things, but he couldnt stay on top of the engine to save his life. Right now I get low oil pressure after the motor warms up, blows white smoke (doesnt smell like oil though) when it idles for a few minutes, loses a quart of dino a week, and Ive only seen the motor make it up to 210 once since I bought it. The top on the jeep was garbage, so Ive already ordered a new softtop, plan on going black on desert tan (the old girls going to get some new paint)
Ok, now we have the problems, time to list the plans.
1) Motor- either I am going to have to rebuild it, or grab a good one from the local YJ and rebuild that one while I drive this beast until I can change it out
2) paint, Im thinking a desert tan, possibly CARC if I can get some from DRMO on base
3) drivelive- the tranny is good, the T-case (np231j) has a leak at the slip yoke, probably going to tear it open and slap some new seals up in it, and possibly a SYE with some custom shafts
4) lift- ditch the body lift, local jeep place has a 2" superlift kit, full leafs not AAL's for 200$. with the shackles that will net me a full 4" of usable lift, instead of 3" of ghetto-fab lift, IMHO
5) Tires- currently running 31" Goodyear wranglers. Possibly swap to 31" KM2s?
Well the pics will be coming soon enough, just got to get imageshack to work right! Tell me what you guys think!

Unread 04-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

How does this relate to TJ's?
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
viper719
1993 YJ Wrangler 

oops wrong side. meant this for the YJ forum. sorry
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Did the Death mobile name come from the 3" body lift?
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
viper719
1993 YJ Wrangler 

YES!
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #6
viper719
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Can a mod delete this thread for me, already re-made it in the YJ area. sorry for the muss up gents.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.