Problems with wiring harness and defroster - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Problems with wiring harness and defroster

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-17-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
hiyamoose

Problems with wiring harness and defroster

I got a wiring harness from jeepsareus for a 98 TJ and 2003+ hardtop. They spliced two harnesses together and everything fits. Only problem is, actually two problems, the defroster does not work - the light on the switch will not illuminate.

Couple of questions...

Will a 40 amp fuse, rather than a 30, in the PDC affect this? When I got the box from jeepsareus, the fuse was a 40 rather than a 30.

Also, I have not attached the two terminal wires to the instrument panel cluster connector. Figures I could get through every step of installation except the very last one. Both slots on the I/P cluster already had connectors. One dead ended @ 3" out. The other led off into the dash somewhere. First, what do I do to get the terminals to where they need to go? Second, will not connecting these terminate a circuit or something that will kill the defroster? It didn't look like it.

The windshield wiper and fluid spray work perfectly. Just got to solve the defroster problem.

help...please...

hiyamoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2005, 05:14 PM   #2
hiyamoose

btt...Bueller...Bueller

...going back for round 2 of wiring the hardtop.
hiyamoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.