Ok, here you go, straight from my manual.
1. Depress brake pedal.
2. Shift auto trans into N (neutral).
3. Shift transfer case into N.
4. Start engine
5. Shift auto trans into D (Drive).
6. release brake pedal and ensure that there is no vehicle movement.
7. Shut the engine off and place the ignition key into the unlocked OFF position. (there is a position between the OFF locked and ON position that unlocks the steering wheel but doesn't turn on the electrical stuff, that's where you want to be for towing.)
8. Shift auto trans into P (park).
9. Apply parking brake.
10. Attach vehicle to the tow vehicle. (I always attach my vehicle to the towing vehicle first but this is the order it is in the manual)
11. Release parking brake. (ready to tow)