Prioritity? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Prioritity?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #1
OJack
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Prioritity?

Bought an 05 LJ last year. It's in good shape, 4" lift, 33" tires etc... But I want to make it better and not sure how to prioritize, so asking your advice. It has the 6 speed and 3.73 gears. I think I would like to re-gear and add a front locker. I would like to add a winch, could have used that once already, then again if I had had the front locker, may not have needed it. I am not sure if I want to go anti-rock or disconnects. It's pretty much a daily driver... The lift is pretty basic and I would like some savvy/currie control arms, maybe new springs and new shocks. The ride is ok... I just know it could probably be better. Thoughts?

OJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have skids on stuff like your steering box and engine? I'd start there.

Then, wheel it a bunch and see what you're lacking.
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Armor > Winch > Lockers/Regear > Suspension improvement.

The locker may have helped you that one time, but more than likely would have enabled you to get into more sticky situations. If you have any inclination of locking both axles, the regear is when you want it so it will share a lot of the labor costs.

As for disconnect/anti-rock, I'd go anti-rock. Disconnects don't save as much time as you'd think. It doesn't take much more time to remove one bolt and zip-tie a link out of the way. Just make sure what you have are the correct length.
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nobody except you can answer those questions seeing that nobody here wheels with you.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
Sac2013

I would say armor & winch. Not sure what type of offroad you do, so kind of hard to make that call. But a Jeep with some armor & a winch can get you in/out of a lot of places.
Unread 04-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK00TJ View Post
Safety > Reliability > Armor > Winch > Lockers/Regear > Suspension improvement
Fify

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.