Preparing for the Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Preparing for the Rubicon

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Grim Jeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Preparing for the Rubicon

Gonna be doing a Rubicon trip in a week or so. My first real trip. Are there any parts I should buy just in case? I guess i'm thinking along the lines of U-joints, tools, or other smaller items that experienced wheeler's have found to be handy to have.

I'm otherwise fairly well equipped in terms of armor, lockers, etc.

Unread 09-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
greg_kulosa

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I just got back from the Rubicon. The only thing that I broke was a stock lower control arm. Once that broke, the upper on the same side got bent in a banana-like shape.

One of the guys had a welding rig for his 2 batteries. About 2 hours during lunch to prep and weld it, and we were back on the trail.

I did have front axle shafts, ball joints, u-joints (both axle and driveshaft), and a front unit bearing along as spares, but I did not need any of them.

If you still have stock control arms, bring a few spares along, especially lowers.

And have fun! It was a blast, and my favorite wheeling trip so far.
greg_kulosa is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.