Powertrax No Slip in rear of DD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Powertrax No Slip in rear of DD

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Mattman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Powertrax No Slip in rear of DD

I have a Dana 44 in the rear and I'm thinking of adding a No Slip in it. We get snow and ice here and my wife drives it sometimes,that is the only thing that worries me. Please let me know if anyone else has it and how it acts. Thanks Matt

Mattman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
undercoverfab
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmck View Post
I have a Dana 44 in the rear and I'm thinking of adding a No Slip in it. We get snow and ice here and my wife drives it sometimes,that is the only thing that worries me. Please let me know if anyone else has it and how it acts. Thanks Matt
It acts exactly like a locker that you can't hear.

If you stomp on the gas and cut the wheels you're going around. Not a great option for your wife in the snow.

I have one in my LJ. I can't speak too much as to the snow driving becuase I live in Southeast Alabama. In the rain you will have to be careful.
(334) 873-4000

Jeep Forum 10% Off Discount Code: jeepforum.com

Check us out on Facebook

undercoverfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Mattman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the reply. I was wandering how predictable they were. Some say no prob some you will die. lol
Unread 02-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
Mattman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverfab View Post
It acts exactly like a locker that you can't hear.

If you stomp on the gas and cut the wheels you're going around. Not a great option for your wife in the snow.

I have one in my LJ. I can't speak too much as to the snow driving becuase I live in Southeast Alabama. In the rain you will have to be careful.
By the way I will be ordering one of your skids when you get the engine/trans skid finished. Thanks Matt
Unread 02-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmck View Post
Thanks for the reply. I was wandering how predictable they were. Some say no prob some you will die. lol
Unless I trained my wife how to drive on slick roads with a rear locker and could trust her to always keep the locker's traits in mind, I wouldn't want her driving my Jeep on icy roads with a rear automatic locker. If she's a car person & just wants to step on the gas and go, I wouldn't. If she is Jeep and 4x4 savvy and will take the time to get used to it on ice and drive accordingly, ok.

My wife would not put up with a locker on ice and I would not let her drive my locker equipped Jeep on slick roads, other wives would have no problem... it all depends on yours.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2010, 05:20 AM   #6
gmiller0737
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have the NoSlip in my DD Jeep however being in Florida Snow/Ice is not a factor,Like Jerry said it depends on your wife,Mine rarely drives the Jeep and I am not too crazy about her driving it on rainy roads,The No Slip is pretty predictable if you are used to driving it.
gmiller0737 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #7
Mattman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the input. Looks like I am going to not let her drive it in the rain and snow or keep saving for a ARB. Thanks Matt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.