JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Powertrax No Slip in rear of DD (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/powertrax-no-slip-rear-dd-969194/)

Mattman 02-10-2010 09:51 PM

Powertrax No Slip in rear of DD

I have a Dana 44 in the rear and I'm thinking of adding a No Slip in it. We get snow and ice here and my wife drives it sometimes,that is the only thing that worries me. Please let me know if anyone else has it and how it acts. Thanks Matt

undercoverfab 02-10-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattmck (Post 8871103)
I have a Dana 44 in the rear and I'm thinking of adding a No Slip in it. We get snow and ice here and my wife drives it sometimes,that is the only thing that worries me. Please let me know if anyone else has it and how it acts. Thanks Matt

It acts exactly like a locker that you can't hear.

If you stomp on the gas and cut the wheels you're going around. Not a great option for your wife in the snow.

I have one in my LJ. I can't speak too much as to the snow driving becuase I live in Southeast Alabama. In the rain you will have to be careful.

Mattman 02-10-2010 10:30 PM

Thanks for the reply. I was wandering how predictable they were. Some say no prob some you will die. lol

Mattman 02-10-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undercoverfab (Post 8871351)
It acts exactly like a locker that you can't hear.

If you stomp on the gas and cut the wheels you're going around. Not a great option for your wife in the snow.

I have one in my LJ. I can't speak too much as to the snow driving becuase I live in Southeast Alabama. In the rain you will have to be careful.

By the way I will be ordering one of your skids when you get the engine/trans skid finished. Thanks Matt

Jerry Bransford 02-10-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattmck (Post 8871374)
Thanks for the reply. I was wandering how predictable they were. Some say no prob some you will die. lol

Unless I trained my wife how to drive on slick roads with a rear locker and could trust her to always keep the locker's traits in mind, I wouldn't want her driving my Jeep on icy roads with a rear automatic locker. If she's a car person & just wants to step on the gas and go, I wouldn't. If she is Jeep and 4x4 savvy and will take the time to get used to it on ice and drive accordingly, ok.

My wife would not put up with a locker on ice and I would not let her drive my locker equipped Jeep on slick roads, other wives would have no problem... it all depends on yours. :)

gmiller0737 02-11-2010 05:20 AM

I have the NoSlip in my DD Jeep however being in Florida Snow/Ice is not a factor,Like Jerry said it depends on your wife,Mine rarely drives the Jeep and I am not too crazy about her driving it on rainy roads,The No Slip is pretty predictable if you are used to driving it.

Mattman 02-11-2010 07:18 AM

Thanks for the input. Looks like I am going to not let her drive it in the rain and snow or keep saving for a ARB. Thanks Matt

The time now is 10:38 PM.