Power steering reservoir for a 4 cylinder question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Power steering reservoir for a 4 cylinder question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Schautzie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Power steering reservoir for a 4 cylinder question

i have a 97 jeep wrangler that has a cracked power steering reservoir. I am looking for the part and cant find it. My jeep is a 4 cylinder and all the parts are for 6 cylinders. Can someone please help me out with a link or place that sells the power steering reservoirs for a 97 jeep wrangler 4 cylinder? Thank you.

Schautzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
Toonces
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't seen any place that sells them. I don't know why the 4cyl ones are so hard to come by. The pump itself is the same for 4 & 6 cyl. The difference is where the reservoir is mounted. It's probably cheaper to pick up a junkyard 6cyl pump w/res than it is for just the 4 cyl res by itself. I've seen the 6cyl pumps on eBay for about $40 or so. Someone else on the board recently found a 4cyl res and it ran him $88 I think. Crazy.
Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
Toonces
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Did find one res. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...7#ht_500wt_956
Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
Schautzie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you for your help. it is hard to find, everywhere i call only has the 6 cylinder. I have gotten a pm from someone who has the part hopefully its the one i need.
Schautzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was in your situation over the summer; I never knew how hard it would be to find a PS reservoir. The Jeep dealerships I talked to acted like I was crazy. I ended up getting one from a salvage yard for $15.
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.