Powdercoating - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Powdercoating

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #16
pielet97
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've also resprayed powder coat and used a head lamp to cure it.

It always looks close enough, definitely close enough on a frame.

Unread 07-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #17
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am a big fan of powder coating. So far, I have done or got someone to powder coat my transfer case skid, full corners, sliders and a lot of brackets and all. The only downfall I have found is what someone else already mentioned.... touch ups. Other than that, find a good powder coater. I use a friend because he and his father are the only people I have found with in about 100 miles that does it and they let me do it all for free if I want. That being said, I have never had a piece peel or flake that they have done. The only bad experience with powder coating was when I bought my sliders from genright (only options was for them to come powder coated, steel) and they chipped with in the first week.
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #18
Boomer1944
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well i have an entire paint shop and everything to use at my disposal. I have an oven large enough to fit my frame rails in along with all the powdercoating supplies needed, the gun, paint, etc. I just want to know if its worth it and what does it do to the jeeps value? im planning on selling it
Boomer1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #19
J03_TJ
Self Smarted

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I like powder coat as well, rattle can paint scratches off way to easy. I'd also suggest picking a good type of powder, there are like 4 or 5 types now. Some are more chemical resistant, others are UV resistant, no sure how much that matters under a jeep though. I spray painted my rear bumper and really wish I would have powder coated it.
J03_TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #20
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

it will do nothing to the value. it will not improve it and it will not lower value.
i also think, for the level of hassle, i'd do chassis saver and monstaliner myself.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2000 , jeep , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.