Powdercoating - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Powdercoating

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #16
pielet97
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've also resprayed powder coat and used a head lamp to cure it.

It always looks close enough, definitely close enough on a frame.

Unread 07-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #17
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am a big fan of powder coating. So far, I have done or got someone to powder coat my transfer case skid, full corners, sliders and a lot of brackets and all. The only downfall I have found is what someone else already mentioned.... touch ups. Other than that, find a good powder coater. I use a friend because he and his father are the only people I have found with in about 100 miles that does it and they let me do it all for free if I want. That being said, I have never had a piece peel or flake that they have done. The only bad experience with powder coating was when I bought my sliders from genright (only options was for them to come powder coated, steel) and they chipped with in the first week.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #18
Boomer1944
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well i have an entire paint shop and everything to use at my disposal. I have an oven large enough to fit my frame rails in along with all the powdercoating supplies needed, the gun, paint, etc. I just want to know if its worth it and what does it do to the jeeps value? im planning on selling it
Boomer1944 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #19
J03_TJ
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I like powder coat as well, rattle can paint scratches off way to easy. I'd also suggest picking a good type of powder, there are like 4 or 5 types now. Some are more chemical resistant, others are UV resistant, no sure how much that matters under a jeep though. I spray painted my rear bumper and really wish I would have powder coated it.
J03_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #20
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

it will do nothing to the value. it will not improve it and it will not lower value.
i also think, for the level of hassle, i'd do chassis saver and monstaliner myself.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2000 , jeep , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.