Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Possible pcm or ground wire problem

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Puckfynn 
#1 · (Edited)
*I have an 05 4l 6cyl automatic wrangler. Last year my check engine light kept coming on and off. Didn't think much of it until it stayed on. Went to autozone, they said it was my 02s but go to a shop. Went to a shop, they said it was my computer. Called the dealership thats local to see if maybe they could be more help, they couldnt. Went back to auto zone, they said its all 4 of my 02s, why not try changing them, a guy said he had the same problem with his 98, and it worked just fine. This did work, for about 80miles, and now im back to square one.its running super hard,but not running hot. 2 other shops both said its my pcm, i have looked under every nook and cranny for one that will fit my jeep, but only one so far that was sold with in the time i found it. I could send it away to be repaired but they dont know of that will even work.

One of my co-workers is going to school to be a diesel mechanic and she told her instructor everything i have done and he mentioned it could be possible ground wire problems. Any more advice or help would be much appreciated!

#2 ·
*I have an 05 4l 6cyl automatic wrangler. Last year my check engine light kept coming on and off. Didn't think much of it until it stayed on. Went to autozone, they said it was my 02s but go to a shop. Went to a shop, they said it was my computer. Called the dealership thats local to see if maybe they could be more help, they couldnt. Went back to auto zone, they said its all 4 of my 02s, why not try changing them, a guy said he had the same problem with his 98, and it worked just fine. This did work, for about 80miles, and now im back to square one. 2 other shops both said its my pcm, i have looked under every nook and cranny for one that will fit my jeep, but only one so far that was sold with in the time i found it. I could send it away to be repaired but they dont know of that will even work.

One of my co-workers is going to school to be a diesel mechanic and she told her instructor everything i have done and he mentioned it could be possible ground wire problems. Any more advice or help would be much appreciated!
All 4 of your O2s at once would be a hell of a catastrophic failure. Exactly what codes do you have?

Grounds are easy to check, clean and remake. Two high on your firewall, and one passenger side of your engine block. Pull them off, sand/file/grind until shiny, then remake with little dielectric.

#3 ·
If i had the codea i would share, i had them a few months ago, but have lost the paper. Instead i took it up to a local shop today, that i have not went too, and they said it could be a faulty wire. Im kins of educated in jeep stuff but wires are a whole different world to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.