POLL! Rough Country 2.2 shocks - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > POLL! Rough Country 2.2 shocks

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the RC 2.2 shocks?
My 2.2's ride as good or better than stock 69 51.49%
My 2.2's are horrible 24 17.91%
I don't own 2.2's I'm just here to flame 41 30.60%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 06-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #46
WillysEdition04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualtjs View Post
I don't have a dog in this hunt and no, I'm not here to flame (even though that was my answer to the poll, so I could actually see the numbers)...
Just FYI, you can click on "View Poll Results" on the bottom right side of the poll boxes to see the results at any time. This will help keep from skewing the numbers by voting when we shouldn't.

Adding the "here to flame" option to this poll pretty much makes the given percentages moot.

ChevTac Firearms, LLC
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/ChevTec
WillysEdition04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #47
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysEdition04 View Post
Adding the "here to flame" option to this poll pretty much makes the given percentages moot.
That point would be valid, if the percentages that we are discussing are those reported on all responses to the poll. The 76% number was based only on the responses where people profess to have installed the 2.2's.
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #48
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
Or the fact that we are tired of hearing complaints of leaky shocks, sagging front springs (and the sagging right rear spring) and rough ride all the damn time because people went cheap. Gets old after a while, buy quality and shut up or buy crap and whine.
RC lift was on for 3 years and no leaks,sagging,or rough ride.Bought it from the original owner.My only complaint was they were dumb enough to install a drop pitman arm.Tossed that out asap.I've had 4 RC lifts and installed several others.Never had a complaint or problem on any of them.Works for me.

Last edited by TheBoogieman; 06-09-2010 at 12:07 PM..
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #49
cragrat
2006 TJ Wrangler 

no problems out of mine. i have the rc4"x series with 2.2 shocks. i drive about 50 miles every day on the interstate with no complaints. i hit the orv park about once a month and drive trails around my house weekly. i haven't experienced any sagging or anything. the only issue i've had was the rear brake line and i called rc and had a new one at my house the next day. solid company in my opinion and if i go long arm i'll be giving rc a call first.
cragrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #50
ImaginaryFriend
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rubicon Express budget boost shocks (the twin tubes)...now those are some stiff shocks!

I helped install a RC lift on a friends LJ. With my limited seat time in his rig after the install, they seemed okay to me.
ImaginaryFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #51
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
RC lift was on for 3 years and no leaks,sagging,or rough ride.Bought it from the original owner.My only complaint was they were dumb enough to install a drop pitman arm.Tossed that out asap.I've had 4 RC lifts and installed several others.Never had a complaint or problem on any of them.Works for me.

Never got why they included the DPA in some of their kits though. Nice jeep though!

Mind you, my claims on the sagging fronts and rears are coming from the big *** RC 2.5 thread where some people were complaining about that and the leaky shocks.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #52
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryFriend View Post
I helped install a RC lift on a friends LJ. With my limited seat time in his rig after the install, they seemed okay to me.
Was that your imaginary friend.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 11:43 PM   #53
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

Okay, I voted. Have put on 120 miles since the lift has been installed and it rides fine. A little firmer than stock but isn't that the point.
Unread 07-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #54
aerojeeptj

I voted too, I agree with the turtlerace too. I've put around 1000 miles on them if not more and it is firmer and a bit rougher ride but I like it. It's a Jeep, it's supposed to be rough, also hence the name "Rough Country". But really it all comes down to tolerance. If you can tolerate a rougher ride go for these shocks.

Tags
2.2 , opinion , poll , rc , rough country , shocks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.