POLL! Rough Country 2.2 shocks - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > POLL! Rough Country 2.2 shocks

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the RC 2.2 shocks?
My 2.2's ride as good or better than stock 69 51.49%
My 2.2's are horrible 24 17.91%
I don't own 2.2's I'm just here to flame 41 30.60%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 06-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You need another option - "I feel they began leaking with far too few miles on them."

Or another option might be - "I know longer own RC 2.2 shocks, they went in the trash."

Unread 06-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #17
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have had the RC 4" X-series for about a year now with the 2.2 shocks. I THINK they ride just fine, but the only thing I have to compare them to is the unbelievably crappy condition my Jeep was in when I bought it. Completely clapped out Pro Comp 3" lift with ruined bushings, leaky shocks and a 3" body lift. Yeah, I know. Anyway, I also have a ginormous Warn 8274 winch on a home-made front bumper, rear bumper with home built swing out, a heavy 35" spare and home built rockers. So I have a lot more weight which might make a difference?
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #18
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

I always say that im not going to get into another RC lift discussion, but here I am.

Why does everyone get so butthurt over this topic? Its pretty simple. RC offers a VERY reasonable lift. Its a good price, IMO a good lift, and its easy to install. Why do people have such a problem understanding that?

Do you go to the Dollar Store and complain when the Patio Furniture wears out and breaks after 4 or 5 uses? Im not trying to say that RC's stuff is crap, I run the 2.5" lift and couldnt be happier with my decision. I was on a budget and was able to lift it and put news shoes on it and still have money for a couple cool accessories.

In all honesty, if you are on the fence, buy the lift. If you dont like it, youre only out $300 and you probably could sell the used lift for $150 to someone who will appreciate it.

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #19
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

More than 2 to 1 in favor of them and just as many negative comments from people know don't know what they're talking about.I just switched my brother's Skyjacker Hydros for the 2.2's.Ride is exactly the same,no better no worse.People love the Skyjackers here.Hmmm.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #20
Hesher420
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
More than 2 to 1 in favor of them and just as many negative comments from people know don't know what they're talking about.
Hey now! I've never had these and have nothing bad to say about them!

**'06 Blacked Out LJ**

> > > LJ Owners Group < < <

Black Jeep Society
"We are one. One society. Digitless."
"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Hesher420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #21
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesher420 View Post
Hey now! I've never had these and have nothing bad to say about them!
You are a leader and not a follower.
Unread 06-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #22
Coils Rule
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have the RS 9000's with the pump and they are going in the trash, what a joke that system is. I just wish I knew what shocks to replace them with. Sounds like these 2.2's are to stiff.
Coils Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #23
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coils Rule View Post
I have the RS 9000's with the pump and they are going in the trash, what a joke that system is. I just wish I knew what shocks to replace them with. Sounds like these 2.2's are to stiff.
Bilstein 5100,BDS 5500.
Unread 06-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #24
Coils Rule
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Bilstein 5100,BDS 5500.
Thanks, I'll look in to them now.
Coils Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #25
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglisleslie View Post
hmmmm I sorta get your point...but the only reason you would be installing RC is because your poor. Your not poor are you. And if you have something against OME they are a million other shock choices before one should settle for RC 2.2. Bilstein and Ranch 9000 MyRide and 2 great options. Don't be bitter that you wasted money and time putting RC under your jeep. You should start a donations paypal thing and then I can donate to your cause...Atleast your rear end be happier with a smoother ride. Ill be the first to donate to help Mr. viper in this time of economic crisis. Help out a fellow jeeper who is in need of $ and advice. Godspeed viperlx! hahaha
Why don't you stop throwing around your uneducated OPINION and let people who actually own these shocks give ACTUAL information?
Unread 06-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #26
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This poll is going to give mixed results as always. Some people love them and some people hate them. I've read about the leaky shock deal but I also have two friends that don't mind the shocks at all.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 04:06 AM   #27
mikeb683
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This thread sucks by the way, rc is cheap and i think they offer a good product. If something goes wrong (within warranty time) they are more than willing to fix it so i really don't see where all the hate is coming from. If you go and buy a 3,000 dollar system and it s**** the bed after a year and your warranties up you think that company will do anything either?
Unread 06-09-2010, 05:15 AM   #28
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

man you guys are like a bunch of babbies wa wa wa. i have the 2.2s and the ride is fine, not to hard not to soft, for what they are you cant beat them and they are warranty is real good. so i say they do ride ok and yes there is better out there and sure as **** worse
larjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 05:19 AM   #29
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 06-09-2010, 05:52 AM   #30
Squeekster1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've been running the 2.2 shocks in conjunction with the 3.25" (2.5" spring .75" spacer) for a few months now.

On-road
It rides slightly stiffer then the 80k OEM shocks, but that could be due to stiffer rate springs as well. I am very pleased with the on road characteristics. Even with the rear sway "removed" there doesn't seem to be all that much more body sway when driven like a race car.

Off road
They perform great. I have absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Tags
2.2 , opinion , poll , rc , rough country , shocks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.