POLL! Rough Country 2.2 shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > POLL! Rough Country 2.2 shocks

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the RC 2.2 shocks?
My 2.2's ride as good or better than stock 69 51.49%
My 2.2's are horrible 24 17.91%
I don't own 2.2's I'm just here to flame 41 30.60%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 06-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
viperbluelx
2004 LJ Wrangler 

POLL! Rough Country 2.2 shocks

It seems most are happy with the RC 2.2 shocks and then there are a few who absolutely hate them so why not have a poll to see where the forum stands.

This poll is for Rough Country 2.2 shock owners only please. If you don't own RC products then no need to flame them here.

If you have not put at least 500 break in miles on your kit then please don't vote yet either.

Unread 06-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

they are way to hard, maybe if your trying to tow a 3 ton trailer
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
viperbluelx
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglisleslie View Post
they are way to hard, maybe if your trying to tow a 3 ton trailer
yet you voted that you don't/haven't ever even owned them
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Try doing some research before you comment. Go over to the noob thread and hang out with all the hard asses who have the most uncomfortable 2.2 suspension ever made. OLD MAN EMU all the way...enough said!

VIPERBLUELX=

Learn about what you drive fool...and let me how you like those 2.2's even after your 1000mi break in hahahhahahahhahahah
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
viperbluelx
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglisleslie View Post
Try doing some research before you comment. Go over to the noob thread and hang out with all the hard asses who have the most uncomfortable 2.2 suspension ever made. OLD MAN EMU all the way...enough said!

VIPERBLUELX=

Learn about what you drive fool...and let me how you like those 2.2's even after your 1000mi break in hahahhahahahhahahah
The only one that seems confused is you since you obviously didn't read the first post. If you DO NOT own RC 2.2's then keep your comments about them in some other thread please. Thanks.

BTW, I've been around here a lot longer than you, so maybe you should step into the newbie thread yourself and swing from OME's nuts.
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
porforkid
1999 TJ Wrangler 

my 2.2's were definitely not what i thought they would be. i have put prolly 4-5k on them and the ride is seriously crap. the only nice ride i achieve or for that matter close to factory ride is when i am towing my trailer or boat. on a separate note about a month ago i discovered the "T" brackets on the rear were both broken. RC quickly sent me new ones to solve the problem. ride still isnt great but RC is still a solid company in my opinion.
porforkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperbluelx View Post
The only one that seems confused is you since you obviously didn't read the first post. If you DO NOT own RC 2.2's then keep your comments about them in some other thread please. Thanks.

BTW, I've been around here a lot longer than you, so maybe you should step into the newbie thread yourself and swing from OME's nuts.
hmmmm I sorta get your point...but the only reason you would be installing RC is because your poor. Your not poor are you. And if you have something against OME they are a million other shock choices before one should settle for RC 2.2. Bilstein and Ranch 9000 MyRide and 2 great options. Don't be bitter that you wasted money and time putting RC under your jeep. You should start a donations paypal thing and then I can donate to your cause...Atleast your rear end be happier with a smoother ride. Ill be the first to donate to help Mr. viper in this time of economic crisis. Help out a fellow jeeper who is in need of $ and advice. Godspeed viperlx! hahaha
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by porforkid View Post
my 2.2's were definitely not what i thought they would be. i have put prolly 4-5k on them and the ride is seriously crap. the only nice ride i achieve or for that matter close to factory ride is when i am towing my trailer or boat. on a separate note about a month ago i discovered the "T" brackets on the rear were both broken. RC quickly sent me new ones to solve the problem. ride still isnt great but RC is still a solid company in my opinion.
X2 Atleast one man here can learn from his mistakes
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #9
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

I like how you tell someone that has been a member four years longer than you to go hang out in the noob section, when you don't even know how to fill out your profile.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #10
256ChiliPepper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have 2k miles on mine, and 2 off road trips, and it still rides rough. The front shocks have about 4.5" of up travel, and 4" till bump stops hit. Rears only have about 2" of up travel, and about 5" till the bump stops hit. Did RC ever replace the long rear shocks for people with some shorter ones?
256ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

You guys need to stop feeding the obvious troll. And way to show superiority by telling someone you have been here longer. It's like saying I'm older then you so therefore I'm smarter. Bravo..... *claps hands slowly*.

Plus in the five years you have been here, you only have 64 post, so you can't be all that involved.
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I make 1.75 million a year and I didn't care for the ride.

See what I did there? I added how much money I made, adding that to the equation which did not matter. Sweet.

I actually did buy the RC kit. I did not enjoy it. I have since replaced it. I have friends that run the RC stuff and like it. It's all up to you. I wanted a better ride on the road. I have that now. If you don't care, and you want something that will perform alright then pick up the RC kit. It's a rougher ride than I wanted though.

If you let every tool that derails your thread get you worked up, you'll never learn anything. Just get used to it.

There is nothing wrong with RC. I didn't like the ride, but on the other hand, you couldn't pay me to run OME shocks. They are too soft for the trail. That's why I ended up doing the Ranchos. They are as soft or hard as I want them to be for the road or trail.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #13
DirtyS
2002 TJ Wrangler 

If you made 13 pesos a week it still wouldn't make the ride of the 2.2s feel any better. I replaced mine with OME and couldn't be happier.
DirtyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 04:06 AM   #14
mikeb683
2005 TJ Wrangler 

you needed another option on the poll because they definitely don't ride as good as stock, but their not terrible.
Unread 06-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #15
Pmort
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb683 View Post
you needed another option on the poll because they definitely don't ride as good as stock, but their not terrible.
Yeah I agree
Pmort is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.2 , opinion , poll , rc , rough country , shocks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.