Poison Spyder rock guards installation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Poison Spyder rock guards installation

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-27-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
JeeporJag
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Poison Spyder rock guards installation

I helped a friend pull off some rusted Poisonspyder rock guards on an LK. He is looking into getting them powder coated. They go between the steel body mount outrigger and the upper rubber body bushing. So they lift the body on the 3 mounts on each side. The other body mounts at the front and back will be about 1/8 inch short. The directions on the PS web page donít say anything about cutting the 6 rubber mount down to compensate for the thickness of the rock guards. Is it necessary/worth the trouble to cut the 6 mounts down 1/8 to compensate for the rock guard thickness?

Unread 04-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #2
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nope. The rubber will compress when you torque them back down
Unread 04-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #3
DoGood
2000 TJ Wrangler 

installation instructions for my poison spyder rocker guards for my TJ said to cut the rubber body mounts.
Unread 05-10-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
epeck87
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ive heard of some people cuting theirs and some people leaving them alone without any problems. i will probably put mine on a belt sander for a few seconds when i install my rockers just cuz it only takes a minute.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.