Poison Spyder Gas Tank Skid - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Poison Spyder Gas Tank Skid

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 12-12-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
GA TJ

Poison Spyder Gas Tank Skid

Does anyone have any experience or know anyone that has the Poison Spyder gas tank skid. It looks pretty badass and the price isnt to bad either. Any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks

RE 3.5 Coils. 1.25 BL, 1"MML, All Teraflex arms,trac bars, and sway bars, Currie SYE/CV. Jeep Medic Belly up and engine skid, 33x12.50 MT Claws :(
GA TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #2
TenaciousTJ

The only feedback I have is, I'd like to get one as well. Something I noticed about it differing from others is; My RE track bar hit's the factory gas tank skid, near the very top. The PSC skid eliminates the skid in this particular area, giving the track bar room to not rub. Am I making sense? I know what I mean, but it's hard to describe without pics.
2005 Black 'Con. The goods:37"SSR's-15x10 M/T's-RE LA 5.5"w/ 7.5"springs-JKS 1.25"BL-M.O.R.E. 1"MML-Alloy 5.13 gears-PSC HD steering-PSC rockrings F/R-PSC rockers w/ slider bars-OMF rock domes-Pro Fit VSM-Hanson 52" rubicon bumper-JKS BPE's-Power windows-Husky liners-Alloy tube seals-AEM intake-Poweraid TBS-Banks header and cat back w/ monster muffler-empty pockets.
-OlllllllO- Life is Good
TenaciousTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2005, 06:39 PM   #3
BigJeepJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousTJ
The only feedback I have is, I'd like to get one as well. Something I noticed about it differing from others is; My RE track bar hit's the factory gas tank skid, near the very top. The PSC skid eliminates the skid in this particular area, giving the track bar room to not rub. Am I making sense? I know what I mean, but it's hard to describe without pics.
You make complete sense

That is the nice thing about the PSC Skid and why I am planning to put one on as well. They put alot of thought in their designs and I am happy with everything I have ever got from them.

[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/[/URL]

TJ Stretch Thread...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3[/URL]
BigJeepJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2005, 06:44 PM   #4
JamboreeTJ
1946 CJ2A 

I looked at that one, but I chose the Warn skid. It raises the tank about 1" and totally removes the factory skid.

If I look at the PSC pics correct, then the factory skid stays on, and that implies lost ground clearance, to some degree. I am sure it is tough, however.

The Warn skid was $180 in the 4wd Hardware holiday catalog. I picked it up fast. Q-tec was like $240, if I remember right.
JamboreeTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2005, 06:45 PM   #5
dbranton

psc

Did you install the rock knockers and tube fenders yourself? Was it easy? I'm thinking about adding them to my rig soon. What about the SYE and CV Driveshaft. Was it easy to install?
dbranton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #6
BigJeepJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbranton
Did you install the rock knockers and tube fenders yourself? Was it easy? I'm thinking about adding them to my rig soon. What about the SYE and CV Driveshaft. Was it easy to install?
The knockers were easy just a pain to prop the Jeep up and grind the spacers down...the tube fenders were another easy bolt on with the hardest part being cutting out the old fender or fabbing up some new supports. About a full day of work between the two projects with jsut some hand tools and a jack

The SYE was also fairley easy just a little messy playing in the TC and the DS dropped right in pretty much.

[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/[/URL]

TJ Stretch Thread...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3[/URL]
BigJeepJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2005, 08:30 PM   #7
tweba99
2008 JK Wrangler 

I suggest you getting a Kilby Skid over the PS skid. If you aren't very mechanically inclined then the PS skid is the way to go because it goes directly over the top of your stock skid, BUT it also hangs a little lower than the stock skid. With the Kilby, it raises you tank 1" and totally eliminates the factory skid. You can tell a big difference in clearance betweeen my buddies PS skid and my kilby...
tweba99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #8
TenaciousTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweba99
I suggest you getting a Kilby Skid over the PS skid. If you aren't very mechanically inclined then the PS skid is the way to go because it goes directly over the top of your stock skid, BUT it also hangs a little lower than the stock skid. With the Kilby, it raises you tank 1" and totally eliminates the factory skid. You can tell a big difference in clearance betweeen my buddies PS skid and my kilby...
At your earliest convience, could you post a picture of the inner side of the Kilby skid, adjacent to the track bar? Much appreciated.
2005 Black 'Con. The goods:37"SSR's-15x10 M/T's-RE LA 5.5"w/ 7.5"springs-JKS 1.25"BL-M.O.R.E. 1"MML-Alloy 5.13 gears-PSC HD steering-PSC rockrings F/R-PSC rockers w/ slider bars-OMF rock domes-Pro Fit VSM-Hanson 52" rubicon bumper-JKS BPE's-Power windows-Husky liners-Alloy tube seals-AEM intake-Poweraid TBS-Banks header and cat back w/ monster muffler-empty pockets.
-OlllllllO- Life is Good
TenaciousTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
eduardostewart
1998 TJ Wrangler 

could anyone provide actual pics of the psc tank skid setup they have? all i can find are the pretty vendor pics.
eduardostewart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
Tblack
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just got the Metalcloak 4 piece aluminum/steel skid and I absolutely love it! Its a high clearance skid plate and it weighs a bit less than the steel alternatives but you still get the steel where it counts. You cant go wrong with it.
Unread 07-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #11
nmtj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

IIRC ps used the savvy skid on daddy long legs. Think there is a reason for them doing that.
nmtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #12
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

The skid Poison Spyder uses on Daddy Long Legs is the Savvy Aluminum gas tank skid.

Go here for all pix of the skid:

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
vosevichs
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I think i'd get the SAVVY one. I like the compact design of it. Extra clearence is allways great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.