Plugs maybe? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Plugs maybe?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 12-19-2005, 10:24 AM   #1
spider10382

Plugs maybe?

So just recently my check engine light has gone on. The engine seems to be idling a little rough. When it started I assumed it was just the recent cold weather taking its toll. i have checked oil and my fluids are all good. I thought that may have been the case so I reset the light but it came back on today. what I have noticed while driving at a constant speed the engine feels really jerky. It feels like something probably isnt firing right. I am hoping its not more than the plugs and I am assuming its not the clutch because why would the check engine light come on. I'll hopefully be able to get it looked at within the next couple of days but any suggestions on what I might be able to check for and possible correct myself would be great. I suppose knowing it is a 00 tj sport roughly 55k mi on it would help

spider10382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2005, 10:33 AM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Have you pulled the codes yet?

This is where I would start.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #3
spider10382

no not yet that would be the next step
Unread 12-19-2005, 10:56 AM   #4
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider10382
no not yet that would be the next step
It should be the first step.

Interent diagnosis is just someone's best guess. You'll get a definite answer by pulling the codes.

Do you know the key trick? On (not cranking) and off 3 times. Leave it on the 3rd or 4th time (I can't remember, my 98 does not do this). Codes will then display in the odometer.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2005, 11:30 AM   #5
spider10382

no i didnt know that trick but hopefully it will work I will give it a shot and hopefully it'll help

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.