Please noob-proof this setup -2" BB, 1" Body Lift, 1"Motor Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Please noob-proof this setup -2" BB, 1" Body Lift, 1"Motor Lift

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperCyber Sale on RUBICON EXPRESS - Short Arms, Long Arms, Tra

Unread 09-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
jondotcom
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Please noob-proof this setup -2" BB, 1" Body Lift, 1"Motor Lift

Would you experts out there let me know if I'm forgetting anything on this setup... trying to keep the $$ spend to a minimum.

2004 Wrangler Unlimited Auto, 44 rear with tracklock, 30 front with aussie locker, 2" Budget Spacer lift with new 32x11.5x15s BFG KMs on factory alloys, longer rear shocks. I learned the hard way about disconnecting without longer bump stops (bent my fender and "siped" my tires), so I have some extension on the way.

I want to add a tad more body clearance as well, so I'm planning on a 1" body lift. I'm looking at the M.O.R.E. and performance accessories line, and am also considering a 1" JKS motor mount lift. If I do the motor and body it avoids having to move the fan shroud, and it also gets that oil pan away from the rocks.

Am I forgetting anything if I do this (like when I forgot about bump stops). Is raising the motor going to screw up my driveline angles, etc?

Advice appreciated. Thx

jondotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 02:12 AM   #2
Mires
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry man but I can't provide much input on the subject. Just thought you deserved a free bump Good luck with everything and don't forget to post pics when you're all done!
Unread 09-14-2009, 02:59 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondotcom View Post
Would you experts out there let me know if I'm forgetting anything on this setup... trying to keep the $$ spend to a minimum.

2004 Wrangler Unlimited Auto, 44 rear with tracklock, 30 front with aussie locker, 2" Budget Spacer lift with new 32x11.5x15s BFG KMs on factory alloys, longer rear shocks. I learned the hard way about disconnecting without longer bump stops (bent my fender and "siped" my tires), so I have some extension on the way.

I want to add a tad more body clearance as well, so I'm planning on a 1" body lift. I'm looking at the M.O.R.E. and performance accessories line, and am also considering a 1" JKS motor mount lift. If I do the motor and body it avoids having to move the fan shroud, and it also gets that oil pan away from the rocks.

Am I forgetting anything if I do this (like when I forgot about bump stops). Is raising the motor going to screw up my driveline angles, etc?

Advice appreciated. Thx
Performance Accessories is a very good BL for $100 or less.I always use them.The BL and MML won't change anything that will cause more problems.Together they keep you from moving the fan shroud or using the t case shifter bracket.I did the BL on my latest Jeep and then got a MML because it was cheap and didn't want to drop my t case with my 3" lift.Unless you want the 1" oil pan clearance,there's no reason for a MML.The fan shroud takes 10 minutes to fix.
Unread 03-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
dougiefresh131
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i'm relatively new to all of this, but i was considering getting a 1 inch BL. I am reading about having to move the fan shroud. What is this and why is it necessary? Is there anything more I would have to do/modify if I installed a 1in BL?
dougiefresh131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh131 View Post
i'm relatively new to all of this, but i was considering getting a 1 inch BL. I am reading about having to move the fan shroud. What is this and why is it necessary? Is there anything more I would have to do/modify if I installed a 1in BL?
Motor on frame, radiator on body. Body lift will raise radiator, but motor and fan stay where it's at. A MML will raise the front of your engine 1" and make the fan match the shroud again. Plus it will tilt your tailshaft down a bit and help your driveline angles for the cheapy lifts.............LIKE MINE!
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
dougiefresh131
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post
Motor on frame, radiator on body. Body lift will raise radiator, but motor and fan stay where it's at. A MML will raise the front of your engine 1" and make the fan match the shroud again. Plus it will tilt your tailshaft down a bit and help your driveline angles for the cheapy lifts.............LIKE MINE!
what's the deal with modifying the fan shroud stuff? is that so you dont have to buy a MML?
dougiefresh131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh131 View Post
what's the deal with modifying the fan shroud stuff? is that so you dont have to buy a MML?

If you value your time and sanity, the MML is easier and more cost effective in the end than messing with the shroud relocation brackets, not to mention the other benifits the MML provides.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #8
ChiliPalmer
This is Ames Mister...

1984 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
If you value your time and sanity, the MML is easier and more cost effective in the end than messing with the shroud relocation brackets, not to mention the other benifits the MML provides.
X's 2! The MML took me a whole 45 minutes to pay for, drive home and install! I messed with that fan shroud for 2 hours before I went and bought the MML...

Need a server? Buy this one!

COTM - October 2012!

If you want to help the sport of offroading visit the EnviroBeat Forum!

Blue Ribbon Coalition | Idaho State 4x4 Association | UFWDA | NAXJA | The KAT Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
Oh man Chili. I feel like a recovering addict that just had a bag of blow, a bottle of Jameson, and a sack dropped in his lap. You screwed me man!
ChiliPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Agreed MML is much better and much easier on time and frustration, it's an easy install and runs about $60 from Rough Country, it's the same one JKS sells except the blocks aren't anodized red.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #10
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilipalmer View Post
x's 2! The mml took me a whole 45 minutes to pay for, drive home and install! I messed with that fan shroud for 2 hours before i went and bought the mml...

lol,......

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #11
SeattleTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You might have to modify your console and shifter after these mods. I had to remove the foam rubber pad on the stick shift that is under the shift boot, and then had to move the center console back about an inch in order to keep the shifter from popping out of 2nd gear and 4th gear. I did the Rough Country motor mount lift, body lift, and the suspension lift.
1999 TJ, 4.0, AX15 5-Speed, NP231, Dana 30 open 3.73, Dana 35 Detroit Locker 3.73, Rough Country 2.5" suspension lift, 1.25" body lift, 2.2 shocks/stabilizer, JKS Discos, 33 x 12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ tires on 15 x 8.5 MT Classics
SeattleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.