Please help! Wangler 4.0 cut out wont re start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Please help! Wangler 4.0 cut out wont re start

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
hawkeye_v8

Please help! Wangler 4.0 cut out wont re start

Hi, thanks for looking and i just hope someone can help me
I have searched everywhere and cant find a solution to my problem.

1997 Wrangler (right hand drive uk import) 4.0 Sahara manual. 90k on the clock

I was leaving my house when she just died, no splutter or cough just cut out.
I am a HGV technician but im running out of ideas and probably missed the fault along the line.

I don't have a spark
The dash gauges dont work (amp-meter, fuel level, rev counter ect)
And the weird one is the Fuel pump constantly runs with ignition on as in it doesn't cut out after 3 second prime

I have got power to all the relays and fuses
got power to the coil
checked and fitted extra earth straps
New heavy duty battery
Fitted a new crank sensor (cps)
fitted uprated coil, HT leads, spark plugs, new distributor cap and arm.

I even unplugged the fuel pump multi plug to see if it was a short there somewhere.
I am starting to think it could be the engine ECU/control module? if so will any ecu from another 4.0 wrangler work on her?

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated guys

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Hawkeye

hawkeye_v8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
cheftrail
2005 TJ Wrangler 

this happened to me once and it turned out to be a bad connection to the battery. take both cables off each post and clean the hell out of them, then make sure they are tight and right. good luck!
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
hawkeye_v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrail View Post
this happened to me once and it turned out to be a bad connection to the battery. take both cables off each post and clean the hell out of them, then make sure they are tight and right. good luck!
Hi, Thanks for the reply! yeah i have tried that and still nothing

Has anyone else got any ideas please?

Kind Regards

Luke
hawkeye_v8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.