Please help with TJ engine harness! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-10-2015, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
JMH77
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hello... I'm attempting to purchase an engine/trans harness from ebay. It's for my 2004 TJ 6cyl/5speed. However, when looking at the photos... the plastic rail that encases the wires has a curve it in. I was pretty sure these rails are all straight on the 4.0L. So, I'm not sure this guy has it listed correctly. I was guessing maybe he had it mistaken for a 4 cyl? The weird thing is that his part number is correct though... P56044437AB. Can anybody confirm this plastic rail before I purchase? Second question: Should this harness include the connections for the manual transmission and t-case or is that a separate harness? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attached Thumbnails
s-l1600 (1).jpg   s-l1600.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Rubi4MyMrs
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

That part (wiring shield) is bent where is goes around a curve in the intake manifold on the 6 cylinder so that should be OK.

I’m not positive but I don’t think there is a primary connector where the trans wiring leave the main engine harness so I would think it is all in 1 harness. Maybe someone else can verify.

Still it is important to know it is from ’04 so a matching part # is probably the best you can do at this point. I know a guy that was looking for ’04 but actually got ’05 & there are definitely differences.

post #3 of 8 Old 11-10-2015, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
JMH77
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, great... thanks Rubi. I just don't recall ever seeing that curve, but maybe it was different on the later TJs. The part number matches up so I'm going to pull the trigger. Thanks!

post #4 of 8 Old 11-11-2015, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
JMH77
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just realized... I had mistaken the two different plastic rails: there is the one that is curved that mounts to the intake as you mentioned... Then there is the straight one that the injector wires come out of. I'm curious why that's not in the photo... Perhaps a different section of harness or it's missing the plastic cover. Well, I went ahead and purchased it. We'll see...
post #5 of 8 Old 11-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Rubi4MyMrs
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I get it. I first thought it was the injector wires too but when I went out & looked at my '05 I realized what it was. It does look just like the injector wires cover which is not there as you said but that's just a cover for those wires, I think. No coil pack either.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-11-2015, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
JMH77
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I guess I'll see what I can hook up when I get it. I'm in the middle of an auto to manual swap and wanted the correct trans harness. I've got everything else already on the motor... Injector harness, coil, etc. I didn't realize the motor harness had different or separate sections. Hopefully I won't have to Frankenstein anything. Thanks again.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-11-2015, 12:17 PM
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You'll also need an ECM for a manual transmission or you'll have Check Engine lights from it not getting its expected signals from the automatic transmission.

When you have a choice, buy American made.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-11-2015, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
JMH77
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, already have the manual computer. I was told once that I could still use the auto harness... But I just figured it would be cleaner with the manual harness. I found this one on eBay and it matches for my year and trans so I went ahead and grabbed it. Just not sure how much of the current harness stays and what goes. I guess I'll find out :-)

Tags
4.0 , engine , harness , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.