Please help with Cooling System/Heater - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Please help with Cooling System/Heater

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
A-Rock

Please help with Cooling System/Heater

Hey guys, new here.
Let me get to the point.
My heater SUCKS! It barely warms up and i'm always freezing.

So this is what I did.

I figured it might be the thermostat so I went ahead and changed the thermostat and flushed the entire system. Still hardly any heat.

If I touch both hoses going to the heater core/firewall, the top one is burning hot and the bottom one is just hot (not as hot as the top hose).

Another thing I noticed is after running the jeep for a full trip the top radiator hose is burning hot but the bottom one is not hot at all. Actually feels kind of cool. But i'm not sure what the bottom radiator hose is supposed to feel like, whether its supposed to be hot or cool.

Anyway, the truck never overheats.

Can somebody offer me some advice as this is starting to drive me nut

Thanks!

A-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.