Pics of my 2 day old 2003 Sienna Pearl - Sahara - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Pics of my 2 day old 2003 Sienna Pearl - Sahara

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-15-2003, 11:16 AM   #16
badnews

Quote:
Originally posted by kdavis
Nice...question about the flares...are they just painted molded plastic or are the metal like the rest of the body?

Sorry...I'm in the dark ages of TJ...1997, mine are the old style black...er, gray...molded plastic.

Good color on that though.
They are painted plastic

2003 Jeep Sahara --------- Green Jeep club member #51
badnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2003, 11:21 AM   #17
kdavis

I'd be interested in knowing how the paint holds up on those...I'd think that on a flexible area like that that gives a lot, you might have some spider-webbing as you bump them, etc. , mainly just because you've got what amounts to an inflexible surface (paint) adhearing to a flexible surface (the plastic).
Cragar Soft 8's, High Tech Retreading OTR Muds, New Front End
What I Do: MT Web Guy
kdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2003, 11:24 AM   #18
JeepZen

I have a sienna (red) Jeep. I really wanted Blue or Black but I had really never seen the Sienna colour before. After about a 40 mile test drive I decided to take it reguardless of colour and the sienna definately grew on me. I have the dark tan top. I often wish it was black just because the accessories market tends to focus on black, but when it is all clean and pretty I have to say the dark red and dark tan look good together.

I've never seen the grey but I like it too.

Buckeye colours...

I can hook you up with a 2002 National Champions bumper sticker or tire cover if you're interested.

Do not travel far to other dusty lands, forsaking your own sitting place;
if you cannot find the truth where you are now, you will never find it.
JeepZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2003, 11:28 AM   #19
JeepZen

Quote:
Originally posted by kdavis
I'd be interested in knowing how the paint holds up on those
After a year I have a bunch of paint chips on my Jeep but none are on the Sahara fender flares.

I have a lot of chips in the area around the windscreen hinge (flying rocks I guess). Also, I put the doors on and off by myself almost weekly and you just can't do that without buggering up the paint a bit. Ask me again in four years, or just wait around and someone else will respond eventually, maybe...

Do not travel far to other dusty lands, forsaking your own sitting place;
if you cannot find the truth where you are now, you will never find it.
JeepZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2003, 11:36 AM   #20
kdavis

That's good news...

If I thought I could get a good enough finish/adhere, I'd paint mine black...glad to hear the flares are holding up, though, like you said, let's see you in 4 years...
Unread 07-15-2003, 12:28 PM   #21
dzp

Nice color u4ea

kdavis - you dont have to paint them to get them black again. Use a heat gun to bring the color back to the surface..
[URL=http://www.dzpdrafting.com]DZP Drafting & Fabrication[/URL]
[URL=http://www.jeepet.com]Jeeps of East Texas Club[/URL]
[URL=http://www.tkff.com]Tyler Kung Fu & Fitness[/URL]
dzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2003, 01:02 PM   #22
kdavis

That's good to know, I'll have to give that a try!
Unread 07-15-2003, 01:16 PM   #23
u4ea

Not an FSU fan... Gators and Ann Arbour MI
'03 Sahara - Sienna Pearl Coat - 5 spd
'04 VW Touareg
u4ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2003, 01:45 PM   #24
jmbrowning

Good-looking Jeep

Hey, U4EA! I think you and I were both contemplating getting a Jeep bout the same time. I picked up my 03 Rubi in LKM a few weeks back. I guess we must be in the same graduating newbie Jeep class!

I took it out the very first day and really sweated the rocks and branches. I'll tell you one thing. The first scratch hurts the most. After that, they are just character.

My recommendation for first mod is...ok, forgive me for forgoing the cosmetic stuff....selectable lockers start with rear first. I can't believe some of the predicaments that 4Lo and locked rear got me out of (high-center on gas tank skid).

Your Sahara sure does look good, but don't let it sweet talk you into babying it. Enjoy and post pics from your first trail ride, scratches, mud and all!
Unread 07-15-2003, 06:03 PM   #25
u4ea

Re: Good-looking Jeep

Quote:
Originally posted by jmbrowning
Hey, U4EA! I think you and I were both contemplating getting a Jeep bout the same time. I picked up my 03 Rubi in LKM a few weeks back. I guess we must be in the same graduating newbie Jeep class!

I took it out the very first day and really sweated the rocks and branches. I'll tell you one thing. The first scratch hurts the most. After that, they are just character.

My recommendation for first mod is...ok, forgive me for forgoing the cosmetic stuff....selectable lockers start with rear first. I can't believe some of the predicaments that 4Lo and locked rear got me out of (high-center on gas tank skid).

Your Sahara sure does look good, but don't let it sweet talk you into babying it. Enjoy and post pics from your first trail ride, scratches, mud and all!
Cool, I was also looking at the rubis, but decided on the sahara instead as I felt that the Rubi was overboard for the flatlands of florida. I just didnt think I would use it to its potential.

Its gonna be hard to trek into the woods for awhile with this brand new Jeep....
'03 Sahara - Sienna Pearl Coat - 5 spd
'04 VW Touareg
u4ea is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.