PCV valve help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > PCV valve help

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
ghanasjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

PCV valve help

broke mine off, oil leaking, and pressures about 50 on the highway.

ghanasjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
Zlake
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The PCV "Valve" isn't really a valve but just an elbow. Anyways you can get it from your local dealer for about $5. I did yesterday
Zlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlake
The PCV "Valve" isn't really a valve but just an elbow. Anyways you can get it from your local dealer for about $5. I did yesterday
Yup,what he said.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
ghanasjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanks guys, so how nessesary is it?
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #5
Michael_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanasjeep
thanks guys, so how nessesary is it?
Depending on which one you broke off, it could cause high idle at around 2000rpm.

Michael K.
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
Mike
oooh you almost had it

oil "blow-by"
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2008, 08:25 PM   #7
ghanasjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

oils out of the bottom. kinda looks like its out of the rear main
Unread 01-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #8
Rubixcube
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The pcv valve is a valve... Its a check valve that lets positive crankcase presure into the intake so there is no oil lost on the groung like the old days. its e.p.a. crap. The reason for the high idle when it breaks is its causing a vacume leak. It's a inexpensive part and would not be a bad idea to fix it.
Rubixcube is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2008, 09:02 PM   #9
Zlake
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think that you will have a hard time finding a PCV "valve" for this. I tried unsuccessfully because, as I later learned, it isn't a valve. I know what a PCV valve is and what it does and this is not a valve. Just because this one on TJ's is not does not mean that the PCV Valves in other applications are not valves. I argued it with the dealership and they had to show me I was wrong and that it really wasn't a valve....lol.

Part number: 53030495 price: $6.10
Zlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2008, 05:47 AM   #10
mschviuz
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlake
I think that you will have a hard time finding a PCV "valve" for this. I tried unsuccessfully because, as I later learned, it isn't a valve. I know what a PCV valve is and what it does and this is not a valve. Just because this one on TJ's is not does not mean that the PCV Valves in other applications are not valves. I argued it with the dealership and they had to show me I was wrong and that it really wasn't a valve....lol.

Part number: 53030495 price: $6.10
Been there myself at the local parts store. I was told there isn't a pcv valve to which I argued and guess what....I was wrong. I checked myself by blowing air into the tubes...guess what....air flows each direction on those....just elbows.

I felt stupid
mschviuz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.