pcm swap? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > pcm swap?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
porforkid
1999 TJ Wrangler 

pcm swap?

my buddies 2004 tj 4.0 auto wont start and weve done just about everything to our ability to try and fix it. we think it could be a fried pcm. would it be a bad idea to try and unbolt my 99's pcm which is a 4.0 manual and put it in his to see if it would fire up or would this be a complete disaster?

porforkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The ignition system alone is way different between '99 and '04, I doubt it would work.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
kdukes4
2004 TJ Wrangler 

with a pcm, i think everything has to match up, even down to the vin??? i blew the voltage regulator in my '97, jerry remembers this one, long story short, i went the route of replacing the pcm after a temporary fix of putting a regulator on the alternator. anyways, i don't think you can take just any other pcm, its really got to be specific i think. i found a place in FL, i paid $180 i think, sent them my model, year, vin, trans type etc. a couple days later pcm was at the door step, two minute swap and everything was a go. just have to send them back your busted pcm and you get a lifetime warranty on the product. much cheaper than spending $700-1k at the dealership.

Tags
pcm , swap , troubleshoot , fix

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.