Pattern check D44 Rubi regear - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Pattern check D44 Rubi regear

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #16
dcope17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
Bull****. There's plenty of folks around that can give great advice on a gear pattern.

It just may take more than a couple if hours for them to respond on a Sunday afternoon.
Sorry... except for the "extreme novice regear" thread... I haven't seen much on people setting up gears here. I don't look at pirate very often... just seemed more likely to find there.

Life with Christ can be explained like a Jeep...
Being in the Word... grows your tire size.
Prayer... gains more ground clearance.
Fellowship... Is like having a good spotter.

The more of these you have... the easier it is to get over obstacles in your path.
.[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f194/dcope17s-thoughts-bible-please-read-only-do-not-post-1333441/#post13115090"]My Bible Thread[/URL]
dcope17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #17
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

you could try posting it on gl4x4 also. slightly smaller than pirate, but some decent guys that know gears.
good luck
glfwda #6624
2005 rubicon sahara lj #592
joe_jeep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #18
jr03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

New Pattern Pictures, comments please
.008BL Pinion .055 RGS.138 Nrgs.138
gear3bl008p055a.jpg   gear3bl008p055b.jpg  
jr03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #19
jampop1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

much better
jampop1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2011, 07:08 PM   #20
pcoplin

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Pattern looks real good. I'd run it.
Ultra4 KOH #689 car
pcoplin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #21
jr03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, once I get this finished up its on to the rear axle.
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #22
2ACR
That's Right I Support

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great. Wish I had the time to do mine. What did you do to get your pinion preload?
Jeep Jedi in Training.
2ACR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #23
jr03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just installed the outer thrust washer and tightened the yoke nut until I reached the preload for setting up, I still need to remove the setup race, install preload shims and check/adjust as needed. For pinion load for taking the pattern, I twisted a towel and wrapped it around the yoke and held it while I turned the carrier with a closed end wrench. That's what worked for me to get the most consistent load for taking a pattern. This is my first time doing this, I think the first axle is the hardest because your learning the mechanics of everything, after that its lots of patience and measuring and developing a feel for how much one shim change changes the tolerances(I've a long way to go yet...writing stuff down as you go is a big help)
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #24
2ACR
That's Right I Support

1997 TJ Wrangler 

We are about in the same boat. I still can't feel my way around the job like some can and I am constantly going through the directions my buddy gave me to make sure I did everything correctly. I'm going to do an empty front 44 when I get the chance. It kind of scares me since I won't have a starting point.

Where did you get your instructions or where you like me and had some hand written stuff?
Jeep Jedi in Training.
Unread 09-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #25
jr03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I used http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Gear_Setup/ as well as the writeups here, the novice regear thread and links in there to a couple of D44 regears. Yukon also has a PDF on setup. The two D44 write ups I saw setup around .041-.043 if I remember. Good tools make life easier and less frustrating too. And when you can't find the wrench your holding in your hand, it's time for a break
Unread 09-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #26
2ACR
That's Right I Support

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr03 View Post
And when you can't find the wrench your holding in your hand, it's time for a break
Can't tell you how many times that has happened to me.
Jeep Jedi in Training.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.