Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Passenger Tie Rod Flip

896 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  TJnBC 
#1 ·
Looking to flip my tie rod on the drivers side using the common parts and method. Also wondering about flipping the passenger side. I am currently making a new track bar upper mount because mine is failing in the common spots. So I was thinking I could keep correct geometry but not sure if flipping the passenger side is worth the extra work. I've read that the tie rod will end up interfering with other components on the passenger side if flipped as well.

Anyone done it? Not worth the extra effort?

#3 ·
This is generally correct, although I think it has been tried by going to a RHD draglink.

The bigger point may be that for the amount of work it requires it doesn't yield a lot of results. With inverted Y, but flipping the driver's side given where the tie rod connects to the draglink you end up elevating pretty much the entire tie rod above the axle tube. The only thing a flip on the passenger's side gets you (assuming you can make it work) is a little bit of clearance on the end of the draglink.

#4 ·
I think it is well worth the effort. Only thing I can remember having to modify is the swaybar end link brackets, and BMB sells some very nice brackets to help out with that. And the TRE insert too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.