Passenger Side Steel Brake Line - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Passenger Side Steel Brake Line

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
mossimo19
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Passenger Side Steel Brake Line

Hey All!!! I was getting ready to drive my Jeep Saturday and as soon as I started it and stepped on the brakes, it went soft on me!!! There was no brake pressure at all and that's when I noticed that fluid was dripping from the passenger side. It looks like the steel part of the line, looks kinda rusty but that's where fluid was shooting out from. Now how do I replace that? Is there a coupler to fix it? Can I just get the steel brake line and replace that? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!!!

Mike

Unread 09-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
kdsk2071

Sounds like its time to replace all your metal lines with stainless ..... I have herd a lot of a few friends having this problem with all types of vehicles . Everybody claims it is from the nasty corrosive brine and salt that is being used it treat the roads from freezing in the winter . It doesn't matter what type of vehicles you have it is affecting all of them . Classic tube in Lancaster ny is a manufacture of pre bent line kits for a lot of vehicles . If one line blew the rest will be soon to follow . Thank God you were at home and just started it up instead of going somewhere and needed to stop in a hurry .
kdsk2071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
mossimo19
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah...I guess I was lucky. Anyway, anybody have an suggestions? Should I go ahead an replace both of the front sides? Is that hard to do? Where should I order the parts? I really just want to do a quick fix to it for now because of 3 million other things I gotta do but just to move it in and out of the driveway would be the all the driving I'm going to be doing in my Jeep for now.
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
Zombi
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If it were me, I'd just use standard parts store brake line and make my own. I'd replace all of the lines if I had the time to do so. You COULD just cut out the bad section, flare what's left and use a union but that just introduces another 2 areas for leakage.

Your OEM lines lasted 16 years, nearly anything you replace them with will probably outlast the rest of the vehicle, especially since you're in a salt state.

Brakes aren't rocket science, make sure you're using the appropriate fluid, nothing leaks and there's no air in the system and you should be good to go.
Zombi's are in fact very unpleasant to be around, they smell, and bite--also, they eat babies.
Zombi is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.