passenger seat problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > passenger seat problem

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Zircon
1997 TJ Wrangler 

passenger seat problem

Hi guys,

My passenger seat won't tumble forward like it's supposed too. So I had a look under there, and the cables and everything are intact and operating. BUT, the lever that the cable is attached to is bent up so it doesn't work any more. I need to bend it down, but I can't grab it with anything under there. So my question is: Is there a some trick that will allow me to flip the bottom seat cushion up easy so that I can apply the hammer in the preferred direction?

Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Push down on the cushion and unclip the plastic retainers
Door side/console side has same clips

Front

Sent from my Galaxy Tab
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Zircon
1997 TJ Wrangler 

AH! Thank you! That was so easy

For anyone who has a similar problem:
img_2419.jpg

I had to beat that handle looking tab (the one with a cable coming out of the top of it) almost vertical and the whole top of the bracket almost horizontal. And just so you know, this is the before picture. So what you see isn't in working condition.

I do love any fix that requires just a hammer.
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

glad it was an easy fix...
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.