Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Passenger and Driver seat swap?

10K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  duanewhatley 
#1 ·
I have my Jeep at a shop right now, so I can't check to see if this would work. Would it work (temporarily) to put my passenger seat on my driver seat slider? I know the recliner handle would be hard to get to, but my driver side seat really has almost no cushion left and my passenger seat is great. I have some JK seats I was going to put in (if they fit), but was wondering about a temporary solution, as I want to drive my Jeep, the shop that has it, has had it a very long time(another thread) and I really, really want to drive my Jeep comfortably if possible. Thanks JF :wave:

#7 ·
I actually did something similar to this... The OE seats in my 97 were trashed. Like REALLY trashed. I purchased a set of cloth ones out of a 2000 were in infinitely better shape except for the butt cushion for the driver's side. After pulling apart the passenger's side seat of my OE set, I found that this cushion actually wasn't that bad despite the fact that the vinyl upholstery was toast. Long story short, I was able to pull the upholstery off of the "new" DS seat and replace the cushion. I wish I had some photos to show for the effort but I do not.

The PS foam cushion itself is a little different in shape to accommodate the seat belt clip but not enough to make a swap to the DS side impossible. I bet none of you could even tell I had a PS cushion in my DS seat if I didn't tell you.

The swap works you just gotta disassemble the whole mess; hog rings and all. It isn't that hard just takes time...

#8 ·
I actually did something similar to this... The OE seats in my 97 were trashed. Like REALLY trashed. I purchased a set of cloth ones out of a 2000 were in infinitely better shape except for the butt cushion for the driver's side. After pulling apart the passenger's side seat of my OE set, I found that this cushion actually wasn't that bad despite the fact that the vinyl upholstery was toast. Long story short, I was able to pull the upholstery off of the "new" DS seat and replace the cushion. I wish I had some photos to show for the effort but I do not.

The PS foam cushion itself is a little different in shape to accommodate the seat belt clip but not enough to make a swap to the DS side impossible. I bet none of you could even tell I had a PS cushion in my DS seat if I didn't tell you.

The swap works you just gotta disassemble the whole mess; hog rings and all. It isn't that hard just takes time...
Cool, I think I might try that, unless I can get my other seats in soon. :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.