p0457 and smelling fuel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > p0457 and smelling fuel

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
djbeck88
2005 TJ Wrangler 

p0457 and smelling fuel

hey guys. been reading but just finally decided to join. today as i was driving, my CEL came on so i pulled the code. its p0457 or fuel system leak. a lot of people have the problem with there gas caps. but i dont think thats mine as i keep smelling fuel whenever i stop. any ideas?

djbeck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
djbeck88
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well iI ended up finding it. It's right behind the passenger tire. you fold the little flastic flap down and there it a plastic T fitting there with a vent hose going to the take it looks like. there is a big hole in it. Im going to get some pictures and load up on here to show...
djbeck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Fill in your profile also.It will help people identify your Jeep and they will be able to answer your questions easier by knowing what it's made up of.Welcome to JF!
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.